Weekend cars... what do you have?

Arron yeates

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 20/11/2019 at 20:13, figgy said:

Countryman what mark and colour is your GT6 and what 911.

Looked at 930 supersport cabrio for my dad few weeks ago, driving position wasn't good for him. Very good looking car though.

Gt6 is a Green mk3, the car was used a couple of times in the tv series life on Mars. The 911 is a manual Carrera 

22 hours ago, ditchman said:

my landrover has now gone to a better place ....somerset ...deer hunting.............i now have a little powder blue gay suzuki swift.........and some of the folk who wave at me are very strange...i can almost feel my bottom twitch

There hairdressers 

no need to worry 🥺

just don’t stop 🙄

As a young lad 17 i had a mk2  GT6 it had the less well located herald vitese style swing axle. the mark 3 gt6 and mark 4 spitfires had a better layout on the back same transverse spring but better anti roll set up.

My mk2 was 1969 marron round backed style. same hp 2 litre straight six engine, but with the axle layout you had to be very brave keep it planted into turns, because if you backed off at any point it got in to a terrible shape tucking the inside wheel under and it got sideways very dramatically.

But keep it planted under power and steer it through the turns it was a fun car, and the sound was well worth the fact it drank like a fish.

Over drive was a big thing and if you drove it sensible you could cover the miles in it, i used to get my dog and gun in it go up to scotland the northern firths regularly in that car in the mid 70s i had it about 3 years sold it in the exchange and mart  i took a 1600cc vitese in part ex with £120 cash.

Edited by lancer425

21 hours ago, figgy said:

I've seen the GT6 nice car. What year 911?

The 911 is an s2, it’s an 07 with just 36 thousand on the clock, to be honest I don’t use it as much as I should, it sounds great when you are accelerating  the thing and I have nearly been caught out with it once or twice by getting a bit carried away by the sound. 

10 hours ago, figgy said:

Countryman yours is the 997 911. Porsche have model codes for each generation. The 996 before yours had the fried egg shape headlights. The 930 my dad looked at was the turbo body with whale tail 1980's car.

Yes that’s right, the 996 was frowned upon by some people for those lights, I think if you can find a nice low mileage Porsche they will be a good investment as well as a nice drive.

Love the old volvo  xc70 its been a good car up to now, it has been up into Scotland Inverness and beyond 6 times this season so far, and its off up again next Sunday morning for another foray, its got plenty of room and comfortable and gets around off tarmac of for a glorified shopping car.

One of the Brats at work wrote in the dirt on the tailgate the other day, WALANDER.  It took me a wile to tumble to it but Girl in the office thought it was funny anyway.

22 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

After 10 or so years of countless company cars (all Ford) I switched to BMW about 3 years ago - currently running a 435D and X3 but thinking of switching to a X4 M Competition.

Mates running the new x4 40d. Great drive for a big car, not too ugly either. But for 50k think he could of got better