Weekend cars... what do you have?

Arron yeates

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 18/11/2019 at 19:44, Rupert said:

2003 Jaguar Super V8 saloon, its a sovereign spec car with the XJR supercharged motor, im on a mission to mod it from 395 to 500 bhp,  last run on the rollers was 404  with no money spent just smoothing out the inlet tract, exhaust, 200 cell cats,tubular manifolds, uprated intercooler and pump, smaller pulley and a map should do it.

1_zpsxvr5bhoz.jpg

Lovely car I have always hankered for one of the Ford engined Jaguar V8s . Beautiful!

2 minutes ago, john deere said:

Yes 200hp the modern ones don’t sound half as good.And yes Rodney’s pillar in the background.

I had this conversation a while ago with a local contractor, they’ve ruined modern tractors. They don’t sound right, they don’t smoke enough!! There’s a contractor near here that has a jd 7710 with straight through stainless pipe, she sounds awesome when working hard! 

That photo can’t be too far from haimwood? 

On 18/11/2019 at 18:52, Farmboy91 said:

Mk1 mx5 enuos 

1600 petrol, roof down fun with more than enough grunt to put a smile on your face and handling that will show plenty of more expensive cars up. 

Mk1 MX5 Harvard Likewise, plus 1.8l. Doesn't have the straight line acceleration of some beasts, but does beautifully around country lanes. 

4 hours ago, ehb102 said:

Mk1 MX5 Harvard Likewise, plus 1.8l. Doesn't have the straight line acceleration of some beasts, but does beautifully around country lanes. 

To drive you can definitely feel the extra grunt the 1800 has, but yeah, they aren't particularly hard accelerating cars. Most of the time it doesn't bother me anyway, if I'm in my golf and get stuck behind someone I find it frustrating, if I'm in the mx5 it doesn't phase me, just back off and enjoy having the roof down. 

On 28/11/2019 at 18:23, Aaz said:

This is mine.  1969 olds. 455 (7.5 ltr) running edelbrock heads and manifold, holley 850 carb, high lift cam and performance headers

20191124_185459150_iOS.jpg.8c264f889379b89d80f0af4ad36338eb.jpg

Nice looking motor. I'm not a huge fan of American cars but that is a good looking car, lovely colour too.

Just bought myself this

1coupe.jpg

Hyundai Coupe 2.7 V6.

Not just for weekends though, my daily ride. I've fancied one for a while and when my old car seemed on it's way out I decided to go for it. I haven't driven anything above 2.0 before and I'm very impressed by the acceleration. 

16 hours ago, Mr_Nobody said:

Nice looking motor. I'm not a huge fan of American cars but that is a good looking car, lovely colour too.

Just bought myself this

1coupe.jpg

Hyundai Coupe 2.7 V6.

Not just for weekends though, my daily ride. I've fancied one for a while and when my old car seemed on it's way out I decided to go for it. I haven't driven anything above 2.0 before and I'm very impressed by the acceleration. 

Ive always thought that generation of the coupe is by far the best looking car hyundai have ever made. 

I'm guessing it's front drive? 

1 hour ago, Farmboy91 said:

Ive always thought that generation of the coupe is by far the best looking car hyundai have ever made. 

Yeah it is. On both counts. :)

They do a rear wd version but that's well out of my price range.

I was showing it to a mate today. Asked if he fancied a drive and threw him the keys. He came back 10-15 mins later with a big grin on his face and said "it's a proper missile and the V6 sounds great. Which again I would have to agree with on both counts.

12 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

Yeah it is. On both counts. 

They do a rear wd version but that's well out of my price range.

I was showing it to a mate today. Asked if he fancied a drive and threw him the keys. He came back 10-15 mins later with a big grin on his face and said "it's a proper missile and the V6 sounds great. Which again I would have to agree with on both counts.

The do them in a metallic blue, a couple times one of them has crossed my mind. 

It's a shame they didn't make them all rear drive, think they could of had a big following. 

What are you getting to the gallon from it? 

1 hour ago, Farmboy91 said:

I was in Italy when Hyundai launched the coupe. In the local shopping mall to where I was staying the nearest dealer had placed one in the main concourse with a dust sheet over it and had carefully covered over all the Hyundai badges. 

Come the unveiling most of the blokes there to see it, including me, were most impressed with the styling and with all the badges covered over were trying to guess which Italian manufacturer it belonged to. So high praise indeed for Hyundai. 

5 minutes ago, PhilR said:

I was in Italy when Hyundai launched the coupe. In the local shopping mall to where I was staying the nearest dealer had placed one in the main concourse with a dust sheet over it and had carefully covered over all the Hyundai badges. 

Come the unveiling most of the blokes there to see it, including me, were most impressed with the styling and with all the badges covered over were trying to guess which Italian manufacturer it belonged to. So high praise indeed for Hyundai.

I think had it been sold with a Honda H instead, they'd have definitely sold more too. 

Refinement and reliability further down the line had always been something I'd thought about, but that said you can have issues with any car, I've had enough to know 😂

4 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

The do them in a metallic blue, a couple times one of them has crossed my mind. 

It's a shame they didn't make them all rear drive, think they could of had a big following. 

What are you getting to the gallon from it? 

I haven't really kept track. It certainly hasn't been super thirsty even though most of my milage is urban. Somewhere in the 30-35 mpg I would guess.

2 minutes ago, PhilR said:

It's often described as having Ferrari styling. I think they're very good looking cars.

1 minute ago, Mr_Nobody said:

I haven't really kept track. It certainly hasn't been super thirsty even though most of my milage is urban. Somewhere in the 30-35 mpg I would guess.

It's often described as having Ferrari styling. I think they're very good looking cars.

Im getting around that with the mx5 and it's only a 1600 4 pot. 

To be honest with the roof down and when your enjoying yourself 30 is a push lol