Weekend cars... what do you have?

Arron yeates

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

My best mate bought an XKR in 2006 and I bought a Chimaera 500. We both still have them although they don't get much use now. The Chimaera is a real handful. 

Interesting to see so much love for the MX5. I bought a MK2 with the intention of fitting a turbo and having some fun, but it turned out to be a rust bucket and I had to sell it for parts. A rust free Mk1 would be a good find.

20170203_075819.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/11/2019 at 18:14, Gordon R said:

If I couldn't afford to buy it, I wouldn't get any sort of loan. I can afford to do what you want to do, but don't have the inclination. You can't properly use a quick car on the road and track days do nothing for me. 

SNAP   !

2 hours ago, scobydog said:

Wifey has an 1927 Austin seven saloon, @740cc of raw power, good for 35 with a stiff breeze behind it. Tried to put a pic on but says too big. 

Scobydog 

Very nice! Many years ago I went to buy a seven when they were a £200 car, (for a good one). I couldn't get in it

Edited by Vince Green

3 hours ago, scobydog said:

Wifey has an 1927 Austin seven saloon, @740cc of raw power, good for 35 with a stiff breeze behind it. Tried to put a pic on but says too big. 

Scobydog 

My mum had a 1931 Austin7 saloon when I was a teenager. The suicide clutch, cable brakes and the back-to-front 3 speed gearchange were an education to a learner driver, but, once I had passed my test, it was an absolute babe magnet compared to the Anglias and Minis that my contemporaries drove.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
16 hours ago, Mickeydredd said:

I really fancy an XKR - anything I should look out for when buying?

I think most important is to check the body carefully for signs of corrosion. Other than collisions its rust that will end these cars, long before the engine and drive trains wear out. 

They are somewhat un-loved and hence under priced for what they are. Find one owned by a good owner and I think they are a great choice. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...