Weekend cars... what do you have?

Arron yeates

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Driving a transit during the day and a landrover at weekend,hate the wife's audi tt just to fast and low.If I could bare to see that much money sat on the drive😰 then my weekend car would have to be a jag f pace like my mates, actually my mates car,😍 or the sporty one is it a f series ?

Had my fair share of sproty and silly fast cars over the years. Decided after owning a Jag xkr that I couldn't use the power and the running and depreciation costs were silly when it would sit unused for months.

My wife and I both run 4x4 cars, wife and son share a little jimny, her for nipping to shops and taking dogs out, son for taking mountain biking and Greenlaning. Son also has a nice E46 M3 and a nice wide body Westfield that I've been helping him improve for track days. Lowered floor pans, now race pedal box with dual bias brake set up. Engine currently at around 320bhp per ton, needs upping a bit to get 400-420 bhp.per ton sweet spot for chassis set up.

Best fun I've had for years is taking my wife out in the Westfield through the north Yorkshire Moors in it. All the thrills of fast acceleration and superb handling but well within the speed limits.

Modern cars don't feel fast that's the trouble. Licence losers without even trying go quick.

Over taking in the Jag at say 50mph push the loud pedal it would downshift take off change back up and you'd hit a ton as you pulled back into your lane. Felt like you were only going 60.

2 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Not my runaround belongs to a friend but definitely a head turner when we get out for a bimble on a summer afternoon   

C64C9319-20D6-4984-A409-74E84A2E5CD9.jpeg

Nice Jaguar XK120 by look.of it.

Not enough room in the back OF when your man drives you around.

Arron best to leave the cars untill you got money behind you. Running costs and any repairs on top of payments. Saying to make it manageable you have to take it over 8 years would put most people off.

Go buy another airgun, cheaper to feed.

Edited by figgy

1 hour ago, figgy said:

Nice Jaguar XK120 by look.of it.

Not enough room in the back OF when your man drives you around.

Arron best to leave the cars untill you got money behind you. Running costs and any repairs on top of payments. Saying to make it manageable you have to take it over 8 years would put most people off.

hey did an 8 Go buy another airgun, cheaper to feed.

I thought the xk120 was a two door coupe or convertable, thats some sort of mark jaguar. its not a mark 9 or 10 and its not a mark 4 or 5 so it is a 6 or 7 or 8 one of those 3

This was my all time love.  My 64SS.  It was the most amazing car.  My wife has me on a strict 5 car limit and I had to sell this one to get the LandRover.  I set this one up with a crate 350 and a 700r4 tranny.   I could get 18mpg and it rode like a dream.  I drove it daily for a few years.  I still regret selling this one.  YFlbyNl.jpg

If you need to scratch the fast car itch and have limited funds there are plenty if tt's and wrx's out there that would be plenty fast enough to put a smile on your face for it very little money. 

My brother recently got rid of his ridiculous 400+bhp focus and I'm glad as he looked like a right twit in it. He also couldn't keep up with my 2l diesel insignia o had. It's fine having the power but if you can't apply it it's pointless. Hence I know drive a big fat 4x4 and tootle about safe in the knowledge I can go pretty much anywhere I want faster than most if needed.