Scully

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Scully said:

I haven't responded to this thread for some time as I've been awaiting replies to an email I sent, but it would appear they aren't forthcoming, despite the independent parole board website etc claiming they welcome feedback and inquiries! Perhaps it's only positive feedback they accept, or enquiries which don't question their policy of releasing convicted murderers back into society? Or indeed criticism? 

Anyhow, the above is a complete and utter cop out on your part henry, which doesn't surprise me at all. It is apparent you're of the same opinion as those who think it good policy to release convicted killers back into society, a policy which has led to other people being killed or murdered, and will undoubtedly continue to do so until empty headed do gooders are made accountable or there is a change in policy. Who are these faceless ( for obvious reasons ) parole board people? 

Not a cop out, a statement of fact that Jodie`s father is happy with the outcome of the trial. I`m sorry I don`t know who the parole people are neither.

During the ten years between 2001 and 2011 for example ( and there are many others )  29 convicted killers released back into society, killed again. Acceptable henry? If not then why do parole boards continue with this policy?

The problem with this double barbed question is it forces me into a corner; no it is not acceptable, but it happens the same as innocent people getting locked up or hung/poisoned/electrocuted by the state. Second question; no idea ask them. How many are released and do not kill again?

The people at 10 South Colonade in London claim that they determine with great care if someone is safe to release, and that public safety is their number one priority. Really? Here's a suggestion....if the UK won't execute murderers then at least keep them locked up for the rest of their lives. That way there is zero risk of them killing another member of the public. Just a thought. But they could kill someone in the prison! Prison officer, inmate, visitor...

It's not just some British snowflake policy either, a 77 year old convicted murderer was recently released from a US prison ( parole board officials claiming he was too old to offend again ) who then murdered a 49 (?) year old woman. You couldn't make it up could you! Total male chicken up by many officials not just the parole board, check out the american news and crime sites for a more complete story than our press did.

Anyhow, my inquiries continue. Keep us updated

It's a cop out henry and you know it. The fact that you're in favour of convicted murderers being released back onto our streets speaks volumes. 

Innocent people may get locked up occasionally.....but this thread isn't about the execution of innocent people; it's about releasing convicted murderers back into society......and there is no question that the two pieces of dirt this thread relates to aren't guilty.....and no one sentenced for murder in the UK is either hung, poisoned or electrocuted by the state.; they're not even imprisoned for life in many cases! It's obvious you're not even willing to concede that life should mean life for even those who are undoubtedly guilty ( as is the case here ) so using the falsely imprisoned argument is yet another cop out. 

Yes, convicted murderers have indeed killed again whilst in prison, which to me simply reinforces the argument that convicted murderers should indeed be there for life. I'm not sure what point it is you're trying to make with this remark. 

In my opinion, the notion of a parole board for convicted murderers is one big cock up, and something we should be very ashamed of. How on earth these people sleep at night is beyond me. Perhaps a meeting between the parole board members who sanctioned the release and the relatives of those people murdered by released murderers might focus their attention. 

I will indeed keep you informed henry, but it's a bit of a closed shop. I can't think why.