Hong Kong troubles

harrycatcat1

Its what happens when you try to remove the rights of citizens that they have been brought up with. China will take it fully under its wing we will all moan about it and things will carry on. Only the US and the EU have the economic clout to stand upto China and they are not going to do anything soon. 

The EU won't do anything anyway, beside the fact it has Paris and Barcelona rioting every weekend, with appalling brutality from the police, it can hardly start calling out China for 'quelling' it's popular rebellion. 

It's interesting you mention the removal of rights as being the catalyst, the rights to autonomy, freedoms of sovereignty, nationality, rights worth fighting for? 

Worth sacrifices? A step into the unknown? 

A strong pull indeed... 

Seems to be happening more accross the world, especially in so called educated countries. 

Wonder if the UK starts to.kick off if Brexit gets ignored. 

Heard on the Radio last Friday that British student were being told to leave and go on early holiday break due to escalating violence.

hello, as happens it was only a few years ago i was walking around the very streets and shopping malls that the demonstrations are taking place, i can understand how the citizens feel on having to face the thought that the Chinese goverment want to take control of the justice system and send people to the mainland, there is so much spoken on human rights in China, we have all see the reports over the last 20 years.   i have a close friend in Hong Kong, not heard from for some time, just hope she is not caught up in the troubles, Harry i very much agree but as in any country there are hand liners that will use excessive ways, i just hope some peace can be found or i for see the police or army responding with real bullets, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

On 18/11/2019 at 21:38, Rewulf said:

The EU won't do anything anyway, beside the fact it has Paris and Barcelona rioting every weekend, with appalling brutality from the police, it can hardly start calling out China for 'quelling' it's popular rebellion. 

It's interesting you mention the removal of rights as being the catalyst, the rights to autonomy, freedoms of sovereignty, nationality, rights worth fighting for? 

Worth sacrifices? A step into the unknown? 

A strong pull indeed... 

A succinct post!