Vacuum flask

steve_b_wales

I have a Stanley plastic ‘flask’ that you put the soup in and microwave it. It has some form of inner that warms up

good for 2 portions. 

it’s a Stanley heatkeeper. You need to microwave the food in the actual product or it goes cold just like putting it in a normal bowl - a lot of people try and use it like a traditional thermos 

Edited by ph5172

hello, i have a Stanley food flask, i pre heat with boiling water, only use for soup and some times a my mini stews cooked in a slow cooker but all heated in microwave till very hot, keeps 4/6 hours, i like Baxters Highlanders Broth, whats your favourite ??????????

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

1 hour ago, strimmer_13 said:

I use a standard flask for soup. Did have a wide mouth flask but threw it away. 4 hours and it wasnt hot anymore. 

I like using a flask for hotdogs 👍

I have a stanly food flask it's great, use it nearly everyday for my lunch. Curry and rice, Sunday roast crammed in there, anything! 6am till 12-1. Key is to pre heat with boiling water as said AND to fill it full so the lid squeezes down!

I like  the idea of hotdogs for my lunch tho! What do you do just heat them and stick them in or do you put them in boiling water in your flask??

Microwave for 30 secs then chuck into the water which should be fresh out the kettle. They stay hot enough till lunch, and can fit about 4 in a flask. I use those massive hotdogs in asda, and for a nice effect i use the blow torch to crisp the rolls up, or for a bit of flambé cheese 😂 i make this lot at work gag with my eating habbits, they dont eat nothing unless 100% sterile 

normal Stanley flask will do what you want for many years  boiling water and a couple of oxo cubes  better than tea or coffee even when cold   only took packet soup on the marsh once  died with the thirst there after never again        home made soups broth if you can pour it in you will get it out      I only use wide mouth for a cooked  breakfast     bread and butter in tinfoil 

After reading this thread the other day , it prompted me into buying a thermos food flask , iirc , it holds 0.75l ,and cost £24.00 ish . My good lady pre heated the flask with boiling water , before filling it with piping hot venison and Jim beam casserole,  at 6 am this morning, when I opened it at 11am ish ,the casserole was still piping hot , and very enjoyable during a cold day at work.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/11/2019 at 19:43, mel b3 said:

After reading this thread the other day , it prompted me into buying a thermos food flask , iirc , it holds 0.75l ,and cost £24.00 ish . My good lady pre heated the flask with boiling water , before filling it with piping hot venison and Jim beam casserole,  at 6 am this morning, when I opened it at 11am ish ,the casserole was still piping hot , and very enjoyable during a cold day at work.

jealous as hell        my good lady did sandwiches put them in the fridge  app 7 pm for work the next day always took them to work    don't like soggy bread in the bin at 10am cooked breakfast 2 min later  couldn't tell her   as once said nice cheese sandwiches today love  8 years of cheese      don't like cheese anyway      didn't want to hurt her feelings,    new job food supplied  she said ok       so    workmates  mrs cooked  broths  /   stews of all sorts  /   kill it cook it eat it /  curry's all sorts /   breakfasts in a  can /   her analogy  put it in a flask          I did have a lean six pack now got a plump 24 pack  every year she gets a top notch xmas present       a right good lass      now semi retired the six pack is coming back  not happy  preferred pleasant and plump   lol

2 hours ago, Saltings said:

jealous as hell        my good lady did sandwiches put them in the fridge  app 7 pm for work the next day always took them to work    don't like soggy bread in the bin at 10am cooked breakfast 2 min later  couldn't tell her   as once said nice cheese sandwiches today love  8 years of cheese      don't like cheese anyway      didn't want to hurt her feelings,    new job food supplied  she said ok       so    workmates  mrs cooked  broths  /   stews of all sorts  /   kill it cook it eat it /  curry's all sorts /   breakfasts in a  can /   her analogy  put it in a flask          I did have a lean six pack now got a plump 24 pack  every year she gets a top notch xmas present       a right good lass      now semi retired the six pack is coming back  not happy  preferred pleasant and plump   lol

I used to know a fella and his wife would make five ham sandwiches on sunday night , and wrap them in tin foil , she would give him a sandwich each morning for work 😯.

I bought a thermos flask once and was told it kept hot things hot and cold things cold.

Didn't work for me when I put coffee and a choc ice in, both ended up warm ???

The old ones are the best. I've already got my coat 

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

When did you convince your Mrs to let you make your own lunch?

I asked wife to boil me a couple of eggs for breakfast, she waid "I don,t have time, i will do you one", I asked for it in a sandwich as i was running late, she asked if i wanted the shell off.