Breeks?

Retsdon

Does anyone here wear them? Sometimes I browse the online outdoor clothing stores  (not that I'm ever remotely likely to buy any of the stuff but I've little to do here for entertainment in Saudi) and breeks seem to be pretty popular these days. When I was younger and shooting and farming in the UK I never even thought about wearing them at all -  it was trousers down the wellies - but they look quite elegant and with the right footwear, practical as well. So, like smoking a Danish pipe or shooting grouse,  owning and wearing a pair of breeks  is now entered onto my 'things I missed out on but if the opportunity ever arose I'd definitely be up for it' list. 

I wear breeks or plus fours on every shoot day. Firstly because they are very practical. If my socks get wet in the morning I can quickly change them for dry ones.  Made of wool even if the breeks/plus fours get wet they still keep me warm.   Secondly because they do look smart in my opinion and are traditonally worn.  Had a gun turn up at breakfast prior to a shoot once in full cammo and a baseball cap, did he stand out ??    Must be worn with good quality leather brogues until the shooting gets dirty then change to some wellies.... the leather wellies just look a bit too puffy for me. My wife has two pairs and they are excellent footwear....but for women in my view.

I use John Norris moleskin breeks.  Ideally could be a fraction longer (and I'm not tall), but good value.

I have some older tweed tailor made ones, but over 20 years, the waist size seems to have gradually shrunk a bit .......

Always wear them when shooting - and sometimes when fishing.