New Renault Clio Ad.

bruno22rf

4 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Things have moved on and what people choose to do, as long as it doesn't affect anybody else, is their choice as adults.

Okay, but my point is that by using it in a TV ad it does affect others - if only subliminally - and I'm thinking here about children and young people in particular.

I don't care if people what people get up to as long as it's in the privacy of their own home. However, IMO it's not appropriate to display explicit homosexuality in a TV ad. What's more, if it was as socially acceptable as you suggest they wouldn't need to have all their "Pride" events would they?

This isn’t the first one. Vauxhall had a one a few months back. 2 gay women (don’t know why they need the term lesbian) who were rushing to the hospital as one of them was about to give birth. 

As long as it’s not racist or homophobic (ie - heterosexual, Britain, white) then it will tick a equality box on someone’s desk. 

Edited by markm

8 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

"unnatural sexual perversions" where did she read that? 1950? Things have moved on and what people choose to do, as long as it doesn't affect anybody else, is their choice as adults. I'm no great Gay crusader but I thought the Ad was brave and very well produced. 

No idea but Westwards wife is right.

On 20/11/2019 at 18:41, markm said:

This isn’t the first one. Vauxhall had a one a few months back. 2 gay women (don’t know why they need the term lesbian) who were rushing to the hospital as one of them was about to give birth. 

As long as it’s not racist or homophobic (ie - heterosexual, Britain, white) then it will tick a equality box on someone’s desk. 

how can they be gay when one was up the duff...........or am i missing something here in norfolk that i should be awhere of ?

Renault marketing are demonstrating that they are tapping in to the ‘woke’ culture.  It doesn’t fuss me in the least.  I did like the Papa and Nicole series of Renault adds.

The advert the does get me a bit humpty is the Tesco veggie sausage casserole.  “My daughter came home and said she didn’t want to eat animals any more...... “ 

37 minutes ago, grrclark said:

Renault marketing are demonstrating that they are tapping in to the ‘woke’ culture.  It doesn’t fuss me in the least.  I did like the Papa and Nicole series of Renault adds.

The advert the does get me a bit humpty is the Tesco veggie sausage casserole.  “My daughter came home and said she didn’t want to eat animals any more...... “ 

👍

5 hours ago, grrclark said:

Well at least the Nicole part of the ad! 😜

O dont know what Woke cullture is but i dont like it. the Nicole papa adverts were very apt, and i am so glad i only got one daughter , daughters are heartbreakers i watched my sisters with my dad, and mine is playing a repeat performance with me. lads are bomb prof, just get a bit exited where cars are concerned, my youngest in a tdci focus was the big worry, but dual mass flywheel rescued him from himself by sneaking out from under the bonet in the dead of night 😂and sweeping every iron filing off the work bench and dumping it in the starter motor. 😂

Ok mum is taking him to work now but he has to change the starter and clutch himself because i am not doing it i am off to scotland. good news is he is fitting a normal clutch conversion to make it a bit cheaper long term, i happen to know that will last about a week the way he drives so strange as it sounds happy days. 🤣

Other lad is an old man at 18 i swear he is so careful in cars and  with money he will be drawing his pension at 40 . He turned up with his new girlfriend the other night nice lass but conversation was like we were talking to 50 plus  couple , all deep purple white snake king crimson camel. I thought i was back in 1978 for a minute . 😂.

Edited by lancer425