Crop ID (rhetorical).

JDog

Charlock/ Mustard both same thing charlock being the wild variety. You also have Garlic Mustard  known here as Jack-by-the-Hedge and treacle mustard. Check the root out as charlock has a strong woody tap root. Most unusual and just shows the truth about global warming because the flowering period for all of them is June to August.

If anyone is thinking I'm a smart alec, this information comes from my 1952 copy of Observers Book of British Wild Flowers ...a Xmas present back then:yes:

Edited by Walker570

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/11/2019 at 11:34, Walker570 said:

Charlock/ Mustard both same thing charlock being the wild variety. You also have Garlic Mustard  known here as Jack-by-the-Hedge and treacle mustard. Check the root out as charlock has a strong woody tap root. Most unusual and just shows the truth about global warming because the flowering period for all of them is June to August.

If anyone is thinking I'm a smart alec, this information comes from my 1952 copy of Observers Book of British Wild Flowers ...a Xmas present back then

was that when you worked for mr caxton...:oops:

He was not employing 12yr olds in '52 ....NOT 1852:lol:

Back then I had a full collection of these fantastic little books obtained as birthday, and Christmas presents.   There was very little you could not learn from them.  No such thing as TV, Mobile, I pad back then. Sit on the hand woven mat by the kitchen fire and read of course then we had the advent of the Eagle comic which opened up the world to us and more.

18 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

He was not employing 12yr olds in '52 ....NOT 1852:lol:

Back then I had a full collection of these fantastic little books obtained as birthday, and Christmas presents.   There was very little you could not learn from them.  No such thing as TV, Mobile, I pad back then. Sit on the hand woven mat by the kitchen fire and read of course then we had the advent of the Eagle comic which opened up the world to us and more.

i did have eagle for a while....then my dad (who i hated)...cancelled it for look & learn..........which was limpwristed cack.............so my mate from up the road passed his valient on to me everyweek...............

1/- war mags...were my german textbooks...with sherbet fountains and 10 number 6.....................

Memories memories......put off smoking for life because I made a small pipe and harrased our cowman to give me some of his Twist, he eventually carved a slice off the lump he carried in his pocket and stuffed it in my pipe.  My mother came back from the milk round to find me in the bathroom, yucking and as green as a pea.   I was about 8 or 9 at the time.

Did you ever tie two door knobs together , knock both doors and depart at speed to observe from a hidden distance.  Throw three or four penny bangers up the entrys for effect:devil:

Edited by Walker570

11 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Memories memories......put off smoking for life because I made a small pipe and harrased our cowman to give me some of his Twist, he eventually carved a slice off the lump he carried in his pocket and stuffed it in my pipe.  My mother came back from the milk round to find me in the bathroom, yucking and as green as a pea.   I was about 8 or 9 at the time.

Did you ever tie two door knobs together , knock both doors and depart at speed to observe from a hidden distance.  Throw three or four penny bangers up the entrys for effect:devil:

made a shotgun with a banger down a sawn off golf club with grit quickly shoved down it........old man wasnt too pleased it was his spare sand wedge....