Good Service & Bad Customer Service

ilovemyheckler

Bad Customer Service;

CENS Puretone - sent my ProFlex+ Competition (bought in May 2017 for £634) ear protectors back 2 weeks ago and today they confirmed that it will be £65.99 to repair them. Ok I suppose as they are 5 months out of warranty.

Interestingly they said that they should be serviced every 12 months at £22.50 per unit plus £5.99 p & p

However, they said that as they are busy they will try and get them back before Christmas! Apparently they are busy preparing and sending out new orders before they do the repairs

Good Customer Service

I bought a Schoffel Ptarmigan Extreme coat in November 2017 and last weekend it leaked. I called them and they said that as their coats have a 2 year warranty (I had 2 days left!) I should return it which I did and less than a week later I get a phone call to say that they have tested it and it is a manufacture issue so they will be issuing a credit note (they don't make my coat anymore) to the shop I bought it from. I called the shop and they have received the notification from Schoffel already so I now have a brand new coat on its way. 

I was asked to pop into Currys PC World by the OH this morning to pick up a Fitbit she wanted to give somebody for Christmas. Apparently they have a promotion on. Saw the assistant with the badge saying "can I help you".

He looked it up but they didn't have the colour SWMBO wanted, however that's no problem they can order it and it will be in tomorrow. Took me over to the counter to order it. Talk about the counter assistant from hell! Awkward, unhelpful, wanted all my personal details but wouldn't let me have it at the promotional price because it might not be in before the promotion ends.

Went back to the man with the badge and he checked the stock and said they had it at another branch nearby. So half an hour later I am in the other branch. What a contrast, couldn't have been more helpful, all done and dusted in no time.

PLUS they gave me a free Google Nest Mini which was part of the promotion but the first store mysteriously forgot to mention it. Hmmmm!  

Edited by Vince Green

5 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

£634 and they break in a year... I would expect the warranty to be a lot better for such an expensive product. Can buy a pair of Howard Leight's (In-fact I did a few years ago) and they are still going strong.

Can't beat the Howard Leights. Had mine for nearly 8 years now, been soaked on shoot days and got left out in the rain one night after I used them to cut the grass. Still going strong