Musical instrument

peck

I have acquired 2 trumpets and am looking to sell them, problem is i am not sure what to describe them as. One of them has a booklet describing it as a B something, i assume that the something is either "FLAT or SHARP", has anyone got any ideas as to what it would be.?

11 hours ago, peck said:

I have acquired 2 trumpets and am looking to sell them, problem is i am not sure what to describe them as. One of them has a booklet describing it as a B something, i assume that the something is either "FLAT or SHARP", has anyone got any ideas as to what it would be.?

It will be a B flat trumpet. It means if you play a C on the trumpet it will equal a B flat on the piano. 

ETA I'd be looking for a listing with maker's name. "Boosey & Hawked B flat brass trumpet". 

It might be worth getting someone to confirm it plays in pitch. 

Edited by ehb102

As has been said, they will be Bb Trumpets. I would search for the names because they can vary tremendously according to make and condition. I can play Trumpet, although I sold my last one a couple of years ago.

If you want to pm me any info you have then I'd be happy to give you an idea of their worth.

2 hours ago, KFC said:

As has been said, they will be Bb Trumpets. I would search for the names because they can vary tremendously according to make and condition. I can play Trumpet, although I sold my last one a couple of years ago.

If you want to pm me any info you have then I'd be happy to give you an idea of their worth.

Thanks for that, i will be in touch later.

Between my Dad and myself I think we still have 14 or 15 trumpets and a couple of flugel horns.  Neither of us have played for years but we have a sentimental attitude to them.

There's a lot of rubbish out there,  as well as some perfectly acceptable school level instruments including the Boosey and Hawkes mentioned above. 

You might have a gem or two, so get the details just in case.