Doubling the sale price of a gun

Old Boggy

I have noticed recently that a gun for sale by a gunshop has doubled in price from the original price from that advertised just four weeks previously. Now this may well have been due to some work necessary on the gun, although the description remains identical, but my sceptical mind tells me that due to a lot of interest shown, they readvertised it for the higher price. This clearly is not illegal, but I think a bit of a crafty move, or am I being over critical ?

OB

Anything is only worth what you are prepared to pay for it or how desperate you need it.

Maybe some shops grossly inflate prices to give huge discounts so it looks like a bargain.

A local fishing tackle shop did this and I used to look at the prices, divide by two and make an offer substantially less. He didn't last long.

My local RFD  advertises low prices and has little wiggle room to negotiate and is extremely busy all the time. ie: I pay between 40 and 43 a slab, depending on how much he paid.