Remove Maxus magazine end cap

johnnyj308

17 minutes ago, spurs 14 said:

It’s a new gun why would you be wanting to dis assemble it ? As previous said The various makers have different ways to either stop you turning it into An fac version 

^
^
this!

If the gun was sold as and being used as a section 2 shotgun, the law says the magazine must be crimped to prevent the gun being converted into a section 1 firearm!

Edited by panoma1

6 hours ago, wymberley said:

And just in case you aren't aware, even if you do manage to convert it to S1, there is stays as you can not revert it to s2.

You can convert section 1 multi shot shotguns back to section 2 but you will need a proof house certificate.

Hi, I converted my Maxus to Sect 1, when I got it added on to my FAC. You would need to push in the pin and twist the end cap off. Beware the spring! But why do you want to do this if you dont have Sect 1? Also, its not a legal requirement to have the agazine crimped, the manufacturer just has to prove that it cannot contain more than 2 cartridges in the magazine, hence why Browning, Benelli and others only use magazine plugs to achieve this.

I tried to remove my mag cap to clean the spring and inner tube and follower. Broke a few tools trying and even with heat it wouldn't budge. More heat required to break the locktite on threads. With it being crimped the plug should not make a difference if in or not.

On 25/11/2019 at 19:20, Harry136 said:

Also, its not a legal requirement to have the agazine crimped, the manufacturer just has to prove that it cannot contain more than 2 cartridges in the magazine, hence why Browning, Benelli and others only use magazine plugs to achieve this.

This is true, it basically has to be some form of permanent restriction so if you use a plug you have to seal the end of the magazine tube. For a lot of Semi auto and pump designs, this makes taking the barrel off a pain (Notably not the Maxus with the different forend latch).

You have to be a bit careful of some guns imported around 2010 that just had a "duck plug" inserted into the magazine tube (This is essentially a rod that stops the follower going further back and limiting the number of cartridges)

I know of 2 pumps that were on S2 certs after going through multiple RFDs that had removable plugs and therefore were actually S1.

Scrummy