3 for the pot

400yrds

Perfect conditions yesterday for spot of roosting pigeon shooting. Blustery NW wind, dry and overcast just right for standing at the SE Lee end of the woods about 1/2mile from home. 8 cartridges in each waxproof side pocket gloves balaclava and wellies. 10 mins I was standing under a beach tree. 2 mins later I'd my first plump pigeon bursting with hawthorn berries it landed with it's buddy 20yrds above my position, easily shot. Then heard another land behind over my right shoulder 30yrds out which dropped like a stone into the burn when shot and floated downstream to my feet. Number 3 landed in the tree behind my left shoulder about 25yrds out. Could've stayed another 30mins and shot more but I only wanted 3 for a casserole which was enjoyed this evening 😋.

IMG_20191121_163119594.jpg

IMG_20191121_163502883.jpg

IMG_20191121_164436948.jpg

On 22/11/2019 at 19:12, 400yrds said:

Perfect conditions yesterday for spot of roosting pigeon shooting. Blustery NW wind, dry and overcast just right for standing at the SE Lee end of the woods about 1/2mile from home. 8 cartridges in each waxproof side pocket gloves balaclava and wellies. 10 mins I was standing under a beach tree. 2 mins later I'd my first plump pigeon bursting with hawthorn berries it landed with it's buddy 20yrds above my position, easily shot. Then heard another land behind over my right shoulder 30yrds out which dropped like a stone into the burn when shot and floated downstream to my feet. Number 3 landed in the tree behind my left shoulder about 25yrds out. Could've stayed another 30mins and shot more but I only wanted 3 for a casserole which was enjoyed this evening 😋.

IMG_20191121_163119594.jpg

IMG_20191121_163502883.jpg

IMG_20191121_164436948.jpg

Great stuff. proper way to enjoy meat.love pigeon casserole :good:

1 minute ago, misser said:

Islandgun said 'Great stuff. proper way to enjoy meat.love pigeon casserole :good:'….might appear a daft question islandgun but do you get a few woodies where you are? 

Nope..😄 but I remember when i first started shooting down in wldest Essex and the many Pigeon meals my mother made.. I would love to be able to go out and knock a few pigeons down, and envy those of you that can..😉 

1 hour ago, misser said:

Islandgun said 'Great stuff. proper way to enjoy meat.love pigeon casserole :good:'….might appear a daft question islandgun but do you get a few woodies where you are? 

Pigeons are so rare where he lives that when one stops for a drink and a breather the whole village comes out to look at it and take pictures. :whistling:

Just thought I'd mention it there is a suace called yoshidas it's oriental and iv bee cooking evrything in it the last month or so (mainly becuase it's quite a big bottle an cost a 5er and don't last forever) but I did pigeon mushroom and fresh noodles I even ate it with chop sticks the other day was bloody  lovely. Just thought I'd share that for when ur all out shopping keep an eye out for the yoshidas.