Co 2 air rifle

johnphilip

Depends what you want it for buddy, theres C02 and pre charged with a fixed air cylindre or big bottle rifle. If you want a C02 foe plinking small targets in the garden theres a few out there but they wont be as reliable or consistant as a Pre charged rifle.

I was looking at the sig sauer rifles for some garden plinking fun as i have all the other rifkes for target and hunting.

hello, what are you going to use it for john, the only draw back is Co2 rifles and cold weather, i started many many years ago with a ratter then tried a 1077 then a 79 but converted to air, the 1077 was good for short range ratting with red torch, the 79 was 11.5 llb 22, i tried a hammerli 850 would not recommend

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

55 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, what are you going to use it for john, the only draw back is Co2 rifles and cold weather, i started many many years ago with a ratter then tried a 1077 then a 79 but converted to air, the 1077 was good for short range ratting with red torch, the 79 was 11.5 llb 22, i tried a hammerli 850 would not recommend

Just around  the  garden , the odd rabbit or rat , that become a pain . A bit of target  maybe 30 yards max . I just dont fancy the dive bottle route again . It will take a few month here in Scotland to get  a license  through , so just doing some research for now . Thanks for all the input folks .

10 hours ago, johnphilip said:

Just around  the  garden , the odd rabbit or rat , that become a pain . A bit of target  maybe 30 yards max . I just dont fancy the dive bottle route again . It will take a few month here in Scotland to get  a license  through , so just doing some research for now . Thanks for all the input folks .

You could something small like an ultra or s200 and a pump? I've managed without a dive bottle but have a rapid with two bottles,  so it's just an occasional fill somewhere. 

But the rat catchers do look fun, or a Springer.

11 hours ago, johnphilip said:

hello, i would look at the XS79, you can buy 88 g canisters for a fiver, a slip on silencer and scope, as you only using at home keep in warm room ready for shooting, i think the 88 gives around 80/100 shots, mine liked superdomes, if you go the springer route a HW99S 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

2 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i would look at the XS79, you can buy 88 g canisters for a fiver, a slip on silencer and scope, as you only using at home keep in warm room ready for shooting, i think the 88 gives around 80/100 shots, mine liked superdomes  

Thank you dear friend  , how is the metal detecting going .

6 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

Thank you dear friend  , how is the metal detecting going .

hello, not done much this year john, bad back and all that, just a few afternoons when there was no pigeon about, detectors put away for the winter now and see how things go next year, did you see on the news, detectorists jailed ?

38 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, not done much this year john, bad back and all that, just a few afternoons when there was no pigeon about, detectors put away for the winter now and see how things go next year, did you see on the news, detectorists jailed ?

Yes i did . Greed . They give the good honest detectorists a bad name . Land is hard to get as it is .

49 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

By the time you have used 10 co2 capsules you could buy a second hand tank.

There is no were local that can fill one .  Thanks all the same .

15 hours ago, figgy said:

Why not a Springer for plinking?  No dive bottles and no co2 capsules to buy. All co2 guns I've had you have to use the full capsule they don't keep and leak away.

Thanks Figgy , dont want a Springer,  done all that and done the PCP  . Just wanted to try the CO 2 I suppose  , maybe it's like one of those  itches  you have to scratch . 

2 hours ago, johnphilip said:

Thanks Figgy , dont want a Springer,  done all that and done the PCP  . Just wanted to try the CO 2 I suppose  , maybe it's like one of those  itches  you have to scratch . 

I clicked on something on the Agf the other day, folk saying you don't need to use the full capsule of air, buying in bulk vastly reduces the price.

19 hours ago, Arron yeates said:

Do you remember the crossman Rabbit stopper? If you can find one of those it may be an idea. May be similar to the Rat catcher

Just a longer barell isn't it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm currently considering buying a CR600w for evaluation as a short range (≤25m) night-time pest killer on rabbits, rats, and for daytime use on starlings, sparrows, feral pigeons etc around farm buildings and lifestyle blocks (small holdings), where it is undesirable to use a rimfire.

it seems to tick a lot of boxes with the exception of muzzle energy, which I believe can be increased, though it needs to be a quick and easy upgrade.

I like the fact that it is a .22 repeater, it is supplied with a suppressor, seems to be quite accurate, low purchase price, lightweight, and requires no firearms licence for over 18's. 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/hunting-shooting/air-guns-parts/air-rifles/listing-2497530815.htm?rsqid=1df6065db2c74f0dadb2220c82b5bc26-005

I'm not sure how popular these are in Ol' Blighty, but as a beginners rifle, or for casual pest control for non-shooting landowners who need to keep on top of their pests, it may be adequate.

Edited by Antman-nz

22 minutes ago, Antman-nz said:

I'm currently considering buying a CR600w for evaluation as a short range (≤25m) night-time pest killer on rabbits, rats, and for daytime use on starlings, sparrows, feral pigeons etc around farm buildings and lifestyle blocks (small holdings), where it is undesirable to use a rimfire.

it seems to tick a lot of boxes with the exception of muzzle energy, which I believe can be increased, though it needs to be a quick and easy upgrade.

I like the fact that it is a .22 repeater, it is supplied with a suppressor, seems to be quite accurate, low purchase price, lightweight, and requires no firearms licence for over 18's. 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/hunting-shooting/air-guns-parts/air-rifles/listing-2497530815.htm?rsqid=1df6065db2c74f0dadb2220c82b5bc26-005

I'm not sure how popular these are in Ol' Blighty, but as a beginners rifle, or for casual pest control for non-shooting landowners who need to keep on top of their pests, it may be adequate.

hello, are you realy in Staffordshire ?