Co 2 air rifle

johnphilip

4 minutes ago, Antman-nz said:

......and blackbirds and thrushes, if I see them, I pop them. NZ doesn't need introduced avian species, well, except pheasants, quail, partridge and mallards of course 👍

hello, well if i was a PW mod i would ban you off this site, those song birds do no harm in any country, i will not be responding to any more of your posts

Well actually they compete with native bird species and spread bramble which is a terrible plant pest species. As a landowner, I have to deal with this. We also have to deal with hedgehogs eating ground nesting species as well as a whole host of introduced animals, both birds and mammals.

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, well if i was a PW mod i would ban you off this site, those song birds do no harm in any country, i will not be responding to any more of your posts

I know that in New Zealand (non-native) Starlings, Sparrows, Blackbirds and Thrushes are classed the same as wood pigeons and other pest species in the UK and are shot as such, most of the introduced species have had some effect on native species of bird, plant and mammal.

No need to ban him because he is doing the same as we do, controlling a pest species.

53 minutes ago, amateur said:

No different to our culling green parakeets

Yep.

Some time ago I read an article about pest control in New Zealand, the article talks about a fruit farmers and problems with blackbirds, the numbers mentioned were unbelievable, between 500 and 800 Blackbirds attacking fruit fields, bit like pigeons on rape or laid corn I guess.

Yep.

Some time ago I read an article about pest control in New Zealand, the article talks about a fruit farmers and problems with blackbirds, the numbers mentioned were unbelievable, between 500 and 800 Blackbirds attacking fruit fields, bit like pigeons on rape or laid corn I guess.

Quite, bit like grey squirrels over here or parakeets etc etc. That's the trouble with introduced species in places they shouldn't be. The states have huge problems with starlings and sparrows brought over from the UK, I've no doubt nz has similar issues with other species. 

4 hours ago, sam triple said:

pcp and a pump no bottle required

Thanks all the same , no energy for a pump . Just fancy the CO2 route , been reading up on the SMK Victory p2 , quite an interesting pistol / rifle compo . Plus seen people do mods on them . It's just for a bit of fun in the garden , on warmer days . Thanks for all the replies folks .

1 hour ago, johnphilip said:

Thanks all the same , no energy for a pump . Just fancy the CO2 route , been reading up on the SMK Victory p2 , quite an interesting pistol / rifle compo . Plus seen people do mods on them . It's just for a bit of fun in the garden , on warmer days . Thanks for all the replies folks .

hello, that looks interesting john, if you do get one do not forget the pellgun  oil, a drop on each capsule keeps the internal seal good