Black lab stud

Douburr

I'm Looking for a  honest working  black lab stud for my bitch due in season around December she's a drakeshead and a cracking working dog with great desire to please and with her back ground she's a bit full on  ( but manageable )  so I need a calm / steady dog to just equal that out a bit she's a small bitch so I'm looking for a small / medium dog with a good  picking up / keepers dog background with a good pedigree .Im Not looking for another live wire .I live in the southwest area so not really looking to travel hundreds of miles but obviously willing to travel a bit . I've added a picture of her to try and show size . Please contact me if you have what I'm looking for . Thanks image.jpeg.940da9472800cf1ce2e11bda7ae76eee.jpeg

You want to read up on her lines/certain dogs in the lines. 

Then you want to find out what characteristics those dogs had -  E.g. calm, easy to train, not a live wire ... all the things you want. 

Then you want to pick a dog who’s lines marry up those traits to your dog. 

Well planned line breeding can bring out great benefits (or even line breed the same issues) ... hence reading up about each line. 

A lot of people will just pick the latest FTCH or a dog that’s just down the road from them without planning into it. 

55 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

You want to read up on her lines/certain dogs in the lines. 

Then you want to find out what characteristics those dogs had -  E.g. calm, easy to train, not a live wire ... all the things you want. 

Then you want to pick a dog who’s lines marry up those traits to your dog. 

Well planned line breeding can bring out great benefits (or even line breed the same issues) ... hence reading up about each line. 

A lot of people will just pick the latest FTCH or a dog that’s just down the road from them without planning into it. 

Yes I've looked into her lines and having took her pedigree to a very well known Labrador  trialling man he looked at it and said she has a really cracking background . And your right most people do just pay for the lastet champ and I could do the same but I would like the pups to go to good working homes if possible , but if they end up also going to pet homes it's no good selling someone a hard to handle live wire that ends up coming back !!! Hence why I'm looking on here .. 

21 minutes ago, Mickeydredd said:

Is she tested (hips/elbows/eyes/etc)?

This is our stud dog (farthest away) and his two sons.  He is very calm and steady, he is a trialling dog and has won 7 awards in 10 outings.

labs.JPG

Is he used for Trialling only or is he / they used for picking up ? And is his background trialling only  . Where abouts are ya 

Edited by Douburr

2 hours ago, Douburr said:

Yes I've looked into her lines and having took her pedigree to a very well known Labrador  trialling man he looked at it and said she has a really cracking background . And your right most people do just pay for the lastet champ and I could do the same but I would like the pups to go to good working homes if possible , but if they end up also going to pet homes it's no good selling someone a hard to handle live wire that ends up coming back !!! Hence why I'm looking on here .. 

Is he used for Trialling only or is he / they used for picking up ? And is his background trialling only  . Where abouts are ya 

Sorry think you missed my point. 

If you line breed and choose a nice calm easy to train dog you will have good chance of getting pups similar to that. Exactly what you want and less likely to be brought back as you say. 👍🏻👍🏻

2 hours ago, Douburr said:

He is fundamentally a trialing dog but has picked up (sparingly)on shoots in order to gain the experience necessary for trialing.  He will be picking up for the rest of this season.

Would be happy to demonstrate what he can do, you would not be disappointed I assure you.  We also have two of his 2 year old sons so could demonstrate the calmness that he throws in his progeny.

We are in the Midlands so not that close to you unfortunately, but would be worth the journey.

Cheers

Mike

Edited by Mickeydredd