shooting etiquette

Tikkat3x

If the farmer or landowner gave the op permission to shoot Crows on the Saturday knowing someone was going on the same land to shoot the pigeons on the next day this is not the sort of crop control I want to look after , I don't blame the chap shooting the Crows but if he was shooting on the field all day I fear it is going to be a wasted trip for the other guy to go on the same field the next day . the land I look after I am seen walking my dog around as least once a week , I also help out on all shoot days , I don't mind one bit if someone else wants to have a days shooting , he would need to ask the land owner who would then inform the keeper who look after the shooting side of it , the keeper would then give me a ring to find out if I was going on the same field and then give the enquirer the go ahead , or to ask him to give me a ring if I was going then we can arrange a meeting time , this arrangement work a treat and I often ring the same people at other times when I need someone to cover other fields , we all get on well and know what each other is doing . 

Edited by marsh man

14 hours ago, Tikkat3x said:

Is it seen to be bad practice if you shoot crows on a field the day before someone wants to shoot pigeons or does it not matter?

Yes, once upon a time it would have been, but if we haven't already done so, it seems that we're in the middle of losing the plot. Just the impression being gained by an old shooter.

I know there are a lot of experienced pigeon shooters on here and I am but a rank amateur but in the past I have shot a field on three consecutive days AND had some shooting AND protected the laid wheat from depredation.  Isn't that what it ALMOST all about.   SOoooo I would also say enjoy your day knowing you are doing the farmer a good turn.

I wouldn't be happy if I planned to shoot pigeons on a field and someone went to the same field the day before to shoot crows.

2 hours ago, Tadorna said:

That is by the by. I presume you put that point down in the GL consultation.

Give it a rest. The General licence fiasco is behind us now and we don't need wishy washy attitudes like yours coming to the fore.

23 minutes ago, JDog said:

I wouldn't be happy if I planned to shoot pigeons on a field and someone went to the same field the day before to shoot crows.

Give it a rest. The General licence fiasco is behind us now and we don't need wishy washy attitudes like yours coming to the fore.

Whats your problem? Fact, we are being scrutinized. If you think the GL fiasco is behind us you are a bigger fool than you initially appear.

7 minutes ago, Tadorna said:

Whats your problem? Fact, we are being scrutinized. If you think the GL fiasco is behind us you are a bigger fool than you initially appear.

I am not sure that I have ever seen any posts from you reporting on your outings in the field. Perhaps you see pigeon shooting from the safety of your couch or keyboard.

25 minutes ago, JDog said:

I am not sure that I have ever seen any posts from you reporting on your outings in the field. Perhaps you see pigeon shooting from the safety of your couch or keyboard

Regardless of whether someone posts a lot or not at all, they are entitled to their opinion. 

We've not all got time to write inane drivel about our day out. 

20 minutes ago, stuartyboy said:

Regardless of whether someone posts a lot or not at all, they are entitled to their opinion. 

We've not all got time to write inane drivel about our day out. 

Well more fool me, I felt sure that this was a pigeon shooting forum on which those who actually went out into the field put up posts about their exploits.

Your use of 'inane' is incorrect in this instance.

I think as a community us shooters have been through a lot this past year.

The whole GL fiassco NE and Juniper appointment couple that with the little girl lost performance by NEs Marrion Sprain who incidentally deserves an Oscar her performance equalling meryl streep in out of africa.

Reason and common sense prevailed but it dragged on and i think many are still a little touchy about the GLs and the review has some anxious about the future of this aspect of their lives they genuinely care about.

Comment here and subsequent reactions to comments are not to be condoned perhaps but largely understood.

I am sure we will face many more challenges to our WAY OF LIFE before we finally fall victim to the inevitable, But all the more reason we should all try our level best to perhaps try and get behind BASC Our best option in these troubled times if we agree with every last thing they do or not, they certainly worked hard in the GL fiassco ans sure they will stand up for us in the future when they possibly can.

It will soon be another year lets hope the spring is less fraught with uncertainty than 2019 that is all i hope for.