Lucky with nieghbors

ditchman

knock on the door at 4.30...its my neighbor from across the road....he has joined a little sindicate shoot near spixworth.....handed me 2 lovely fat an heavy cock pheasants...they were still warmish....so they went in the shed...i will pluck em out tues freeze one and cook the other the traditional way like my mum did with sherried and buttered mashed carrots ...roasties...stuffed ...and gravy made from the dripping out of the bird and the broth from the fried and boiled giblets...reduced and a bit of sherry in it.........

i will just use the breast and put the rest in the slow cooker for a day with loads of vedge...and make a nice broth soup sort of thing...

nice surprise that

16 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

We moved into our house in 1972 - brand new - for the princely sum of £5450. Four of our neighbours have been there all that time. We have been lucky and get on well with them all. Our kids grew up together as friends and still are.

i look in horror at these nasty neighbor TV programmes............i have always been so lucky apart from one time

25 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

We moved into our house in 1972 - brand new - for the princely sum of £5450. Four of our neighbours have been there all that time. We have been lucky and get on well with them all. Our kids grew up together as friends and still are.

£5450 🙂 I bet you wish you could have bought two. My first house was 1981 for £11k.

10 hours ago, ditchman said:

knock on the door at 4.30...its my neighbor from across the road....he has joined a little sindicate shoot near spixworth.....handed me 2 lovely fat an heavy cock pheasants...they were still warmish....so they went in the shed...i will pluck em out tues freeze one and cook the other the traditional way like my mum did with sherried and buttered mashed carrots ...roasties...stuffed ...and gravy made from the dripping out of the bird and the broth from the fried and boiled giblets...reduced and a bit of sherry in it.........

i will just use the breast and put the rest in the slow cooker for a day with loads of vedge...and make a nice broth soup sort of thing...

nice surprise that

I got home on Friday with a brace for my neighbour, as I was hanging them from a hook at the front of the house a chap walked past and just said "well done" I think he was on his way to collect a child from school.

10 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I got home on Friday with a brace for my neighbour, as I was hanging them from a hook at the front of the house a chap walked past and just said "well done" I think he was on his way to collect a child from school.

It's good to receive, but as good, if not better to give, so good on you TC.

I live in a street of 22 houses and I supply 2 with game and only get on with 6 family’s . The rest hate me or I hate them over the last 13 years. 
parking wars cause it most of the time but mostly gossip with the retired or dole dossers . I won’t loose sleep over it :) . 

ive spent a lot of time and money working on my house and drive and people don’t like it . 

I used to supply 4 families with game tho :) 

12 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

We’ve had several people ask “ are they real “  

12 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Exactly like my mum and dad's street, still 5 original folk there from day one, I could roll up and say pop the kettle on. 

13 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Gordon I got my first little house in 1971 . Mortgage  was £ 9 a month I borrowed £900 to buy the house . The money for the deposit was from when I was at school. Doing two paper rounds a week  and a butcher's round on a Saturday  , saved all me money from then. 

We got the keys to a new place last week that has been empty for three years, just decorating for now and have not moved in but looking forward to meeting the neighbors. One may be difficult to get off on the right foot as we will not be renewing his lease on the land. The other we will need to put a stock fence across their view of the loch. Hopefully both will understand. 

14 hours ago, ditchman said:

nice surprise that

Nice one and the beauty of shooting, all you need now is someone to turn up asking if you would like  to clear up some Ash trees, and a young lady asking if you would like a good .

..................crate of wine

Edited by islandgun

One side is an ex copper that now loves weed, other side is a complete ####, he is anti shooting, hunting fishing etc. Told me if he had his way my terriers I kept out doors in the kennels should be put down as they are bred to fight badgers. Rspca visited me on several occasions and went away happy, they even told me who had reported me at least twice. 

I'm really lucky with Neighbors, our house extension has turned into a complete gutting and refurb, which has been going on since the end of May, a few people in the street have complained about the lorries coming and going, the neigbors either side couldn't be more understanding.

Last sunday night I got a call from the attached side saying they had damp patches appearing on their wall from where the builders had opened part of either roof to join our new roof too it. I popped straight around, had a look over a cup of tea, agreed with them that the builders would make sure its watertight the following morning, then once the roof is finished and it's properly water the builders would come in and make good as required, everyone's happy. 

I dread to think what it could have been like.

your welcome. never plucked a turkey so i woudnt know all depends how hard a pheasants been shot as long as your gentle i find there dead easy  going back to turkeys that used to be a cottage industry around here about mid december all the women around here would be on the local poultry farm dressing turkeys and geese for christmas i suppose it was every where