Locksmiths

foxnet22

I've gone and lost the only key to my old ingersoll padlock that I've had since a kid.I'm wondering if a master locksmith would be able to make a key by using the lock to cut some sort of blank or is it a lot cause .the lpadl8ck as a bit sentimental value to me so I'm hoping .fingers crossed 

It can be picked open if it is closed (and then secured to something of your choice) but reproducing a key from the pins is extremely difficult.

If it is 'code keyed' and code in written on the lock, Ingersoll may be able to reproduce this or is it is master keyable, you may be able to get a master key.

49 minutes ago, Stonepark said:

It can be picked open if it is closed (and then secured to something of your choice) but reproducing a key from the pins is extremely difficult.

If it is 'code keyed' and code in written on the lock, Ingersoll may be able to reproduce this or is it is master keyable, you may be able to get a master key.

There was a code but unfortunately it was on the key stone park. 

9 hours ago, foxnet22 said:

I've gone and lost the only key to my old ingersoll padlock that I've had since a kid.I'm wondering if a master locksmith would be able to make a key by using the lock to cut some sort of blank or is it a lot cause .the lpadl8ck as a bit sentimental value to me so I'm hoping .fingers crossed 

i thought i was the only funny/weird one on this forum............but i had to larf...i to have a strange old brass..... long harsp padlock with 2 half moon bronze keys ........i have had it for years and polish it up now and again....i would be distraught if i lost it.....

hope you get sorted:good:

Who else has a pet padlock. I have a padlock on a toolbox I got twenty years ago when working abroad. It was a safety lock off padlock with danger in Spanish on it. Nothing special apart from decent quality. I had lots of keys on my key ring at the time so filed the sides of the keys for it so they stood out. It's still on or rather in the toolbox as my son uses the taps and dies in the box. When I couldn't find the lock after he had moved it I wasn't happy. That's the only lock I've ever been bothered about.

Edited by figgy

i must suscribe to "padlock monthly"..............are we sad or what......................i bet there are other "Padders" out there lurcking in the shadows :lol:

if i can be bovered i will post a pic up of my favourite padlock..........later

Edited by ditchman

2 hours ago, figgy said:

Who else has a pet padlock. I have a padlock on a toolbox I got twenty years ago when working abroad. It was a safety lock off padlock with danger in Spanish on it. Nothing special apart from decent quality. I had lots of keys on my key ring at the time so filed the sides of the keys for it so they stood out. It's still on or rather in the toolbox as my son uses the taps and dies in the box. When I couldn't find the lock after he had moved it I wasn't happy. That's the only lock I've ever been bothered about.

I had a brass combination padlock, it came from my Grandad, via my Dad, combination was Mums name(first 3 letters) but spelt wrong as Grandad didn't read or write. I made the mistake of using it on a locker. The lock went but nothing inside. I felt sick inside for weeks after.

Strange how we cling to things and mourne the loss.