What rim fire

Buck-um-danno

Savage are ok good guns . if you nwant a left hand ideal gun.

I am left hand but use a R/H Brno/cz 452 it is ok and i seem to get by with its right handed bolt it being a short action. but have thought about a left hander at some point but i have had this 452 25 years now and i am quite attached to it sentamentaly its proved accurate reliable and i just can not fault it to be fair.

Oh choices choices...a little bit restricted if you really want a left hander.  I have handled and shot a fair number of Savage guns and they are not always pretty but I have not had one which didn't shoot well.  Pity this has just come up because I have just swapped one for one a Marlin 880S and although right hand you could have had for a song...well aria:lol:. I have just invested in a Browning T Bolt and very pleased with it.     CZ's are always a good choice of course, never had a bad one.  

5 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Oh choices choices...a little bit restricted if you really want a left hander.  I have handled and shot a fair number of Savage guns and they are not always pretty but I have not had one which didn't shoot well.  Pity this has just come up because I have just swapped one for one a Marlin 880S and although right hand you could have had for a song...well aria. I have just invested in a Browning T Bolt and very pleased with it.     CZ's are always a good choice of course, never had a bad one.  

And he’s local to you too 

7 hours ago, LWalker said:

Semi autos have a use when out lamping

however I shoot to kill bolt action style rifle   not spray and pray  as you describe  however different areas require different tactic  depending on  environment  and after the shot  where is the bullet in the dark   you must know your perm backstops in daylight  before dark  ( last altercation  never fired a shot as not safe ) however a game keeper shot in my direction   less than 15m

beat the **** out of the said  greedy person  a life lesson  greedy not good            greedy people can cost lives   greedy has no place in the sporting community my opinion 

Saltings I never said anything about spray and pray, all I said was semi autos serve a purpose at times when out in the field. I use both a semi auto and bolt action and it depends on the situation which I use. It doesn’t matter whether it be a semi auto, single shot or even a 12ft air rifle it only take one mistake to injure someone and that comes down to the person using it. 

I used to have an anschutz semi auto which I sold and bought a CZ bolt action to replace. 

To be perfectly honest I don't notice that I shoot less bunnies with the bolt action than the semi. 

I get that the semi auto is slightly faster but I'm not sure it makes a huge amount of difference. 

the trouble with the semi's is they jam, they're harder to clean and they are slightly noisier. 

3 hours ago, Saltings said:

however I shoot to kill bolt action style rifle   not spray and pray  as you describe  however different areas require different tactic  depending on  environment  and after the shot  where is the bullet in the dark   you must know your perm backstops in daylight  before dark  ( last altercation  never fired a shot as not safe ) however a game keeper shot in my direction   less than 15m

beat the **** out of the said  greedy person  a life lesson  greedy not good            greedy people can cost lives   greedy has no place in the sporting community my opinion 

Many year ago I went out with a couple of lads on the back of a Subaru pick up and the lack of care with an auto .22 frightened the doo doos out of me. If a rabbit ran they gave no thought to background and sprayed lead everywhere. OK I know this can happen with a bolt gun BUT having to operate the bolt does give time to reassess where that lump of lead is going to finish up.   MIND, I have come across a few over the years who have not been too particular about backgrounds using a full bore.  There is no cure for stupid I'm afraid.