Liberal Democrats answer to Shooting

CaptC

I asked the Lib Dems what was their policy on the value of shooting  - here is their answer :

Hi Paul,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the ‘Value of Shooting’ and the role of shooting sports in the economy and management of the countryside.

Liberal Democrats support measures that help our rural economy, improve the environment, and enhance the quality of life for people living in the countryside, including shooting where used for pest control and the protection of farm animals.

Liberal Democrats welcome the economic benefits that are brought  about and the contribution that shoot providers make towards conservation, the protection of natural habitats and biodiversity.

It is of course vital that we differentiate between firearms used for sport and recreational purposes, and firearms used for crime. We recognise that the British Association for Shooting and Conservation (BASC) continues to play an incredibly useful role in helping to educate people on this matter.

Kind regards,
Amy
Member and Supporter Services Team
02070220988 / help@libdems.org.uk
8-10 Great George Street, London, SW1P 3AE

Yet to hear from the Labour Party but I can rough guess their answer!

1 minute ago, JDog said:

........ including shooting where used for pest control and the protection of farm animals’.

Not game shooting then.

The first two paragraphs might cover game shooting but like all political answers they are generously ambiguous!

13 minutes ago, wishy735 said:

Do I read this that "Sport and recreational purposes" means they don't support clay shooting?

"It is of course vital that we differentiate between firearms used for sport and recreational purposes, and firearms used for crime."

No, seems they're fine with recreational use.

Not that I'd ever vote for the  anti democratic bunch.

3 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

"It is of course vital that we differentiate between firearms used for sport and recreational purposes, and firearms used for crime."

No, seems they're fine with recreational use.

Not that I'd ever vote for the  anti democratic bunch.

Thanks missed the coma.

Second the no chance of my vote.

59 minutes ago, CaptC said:

I asked the Lib Dems what was their policy on the value of shooting  - here is their answer :

Hi Paul,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the ‘Value of Shooting’ and the role of shooting sports in the economy and management of the countryside.

Liberal Democrats support measures that help our rural economy, improve the environment, and enhance the quality of life for people living in the countryside, including shooting where used for pest control and the protection of farm animals.

Liberal Democrats welcome the economic benefits that are brought  about and the contribution that shoot providers make towards conservation, the protection of natural habitats and biodiversity.

It is of course vital that we differentiate between firearms used for sport and recreational purposes, and firearms used for crime. We recognise that the British Association for Shooting and Conservation (BASC) continues to play an incredibly useful role in helping to educate people on this matter.

Kind regards,
Amy
Member and Supporter Services Team
02070220988 / help@libdems.org.uk
8-10 Great George Street, London, SW1P 3AE

Yet to hear from the Labour Party but I can rough guess their answer!

Do you believe them? 

16 minutes ago, Scully said:

Do you believe them? 

No!

3 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Not for a second! They’ll say what they think you want to hear as parliamentary candidates....and as MP’s they will do what they want!

As we say "down ere" - zackly!