. . . and on that bombshell . . .

Danger-Mouse

I also believe the worlds climate is changing, I just don't believe its man made. Nor do I believe we can do anything to reverse or slow it down, nor do I think we should even try. It's evolution in my opinion. I get the impression some  believe the planet has evolved as far as it's ever going to...why? 

Just now, Scully said:

I also believe the worlds climate is changing, I just don't believe its man made. Nor do I believe we can do anything to reverse or slow it down, nor do I think we should even try. It's evolution in my opinion. I get the impression some  believe the planet has evolved as far as it's ever going to...why? 

I agree with all of that Scully.

59 minutes ago, Scully said:

I've never met Mr Scully yet more and more I find myself agreeing with his posts. 👍

20 minutes ago, figgy said:

Scully I too believe as you do. Britain was once a tropical climate, it's been changing since the beginning. It will continue to do so long after were gone.

Yea! But the government can’t justify imposing a green tax to screw money out of us, if they don’t keep pushing the climate change scare button!

Agree with Scully, received this the other day in an email.

The Arctic Ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the water too hot according to a report to the Commerce Department yesterday from the Consulate at Bergen, Norway.

Reports from fishermen, seal hunters and explorers all point to a radical change in climate conditions and hitherto unheard of temperatures in the Arctic zone.

Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met as far north as 81 degrees 29 minutes.

Soundings to a depth of 3,100 meters showed the gulf stream still very warm.

Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and stones, the report continued, while at many points well known glaciers have entirely disappeared.

Very few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while vast shoals of herring and smelts which have never before ventured so far north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing grounds.

Within a few years it is predicted that due to the ice melt the sea will rise and make most coast cities uninhabitable.
I must apologize. I neglected to mention that this report was from November 2 , 1922, as reported by the AP and published in The Washington Post 96 years ago. This must have been caused by the Model  T Ford's emissions or possibly from horse and cattle farts.

Snopes, verified the article did in fact appear in 1922!

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/warm-welcome/

I think a problem lies in our general feeling of self importance. We've mastered the universe so how could we possibly cease to exist? 

The world has been around billions of years and will be around for billions more. Who knows what will be around in the future? 

Maybe we're supposed to be wiped out and the next dominant creature will evolve, probably some humanoid cockroach type thing. Similar to the type under Teresa mays skin 😂

we have all heard of the ice age the earth has been warming up ever since ,  in this century probably faster , anyone born in the 1900  to date have seen more change than any other century  as my grandad said   , born in 1904  died 1980 seen many firsts  ,    in travel walking to donkey or horse to steam and the rest  onwards   /  shooting from matchlock / flint to centrefire / world wars millions died  for our freedom     / developments in non natural products from baculite to modern plastics / nylon stockings  etc  / not to mention advances in medication we live longer / the dole scroungers more feral kids  means more £    /  more synthetic clothing / central heating / more personal amusement toys/   no social skills /   the world is over populated  since the 60s which no body wants to approach / humans  are greedy / not many years ago one car per household  was affluent / today three or more cars is the norm /all foods come from foreign shores by all types transports to supermarkets /  rotten within a day or two and thrown in the bin for landfill    /  in the 70 we had a galvanised dust bin for a family it was never full   / today we have a green bin a blue and brown bin each double in volume of the old fashioned dust bin  all full on collection days  /   however there are more of us  today  who throw away more food  more plastic more cardboard more polystyrene more synthetic furniture and carpet  away  to a lad fill than any other generation  all lead by supermarkets  /    however   buy local produce it will last longer /      in the 70s  I could buy bananas in Eire  and they would last weeks  before  their skins would get spotting on them fully ripened  / buy in a supermarket today  green turn to black rotten within a day in the bin  not good  for the planet   (the morel of the story kill it cook it eat it , with seasonal local produce / local staples) 

some areas of the planet woodlands  probing the soil debts were found to be wetlands  back in the day as some ancient forest under sea water today    (its change already happened ) mother earth changes  (its nothing new ) despite protesters muppets who cause disruption    /   google  /  e book /  research further before google  you may be surprised  with your findings   (common sense ) these dats is lacking its all about no brain social media  muppets

furniture years ago was built to last for generations  not ikea / keep up with the jones junk  cheap low quality + transport costs + landfill 

I am a traditional cabinet maker have repaired and built furniture to last generations and the future generations       however modern joe public want it to last three years until redecorate  I advise ikea 

sometimes history teaches us less is more our  grandparents  didn't need a gym or  weight watchers as eating the right foods  and worked hard  fit and healthy,        ( not fat and lazy as polish friends call our young girls )

put your phone away chat to your partner     ,   life is better  all round  ,   it saddens me watching a young couple out for a meal  both on their phones not interested in each other    

sorry for the  rant     ,       now  over  ,    keep life simple  , we are only here for a short time regardless   ,  no rehearsals ,   

(and I mean live it no regrets no second chances )

again a rant     if I am wrong open to opinions every day is a learning day  

7 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

From the link above. -' As documented elsewhere, the warming phenomena observed in 1922 proved to be indicative only of a local event in Spitzbergen, not a trend applicable to the Arctic as a whole.'

It was a temporary local phenomenon. To adduce it as evidence that modern climate change is a myth is like saying I had a slight headache a few years ago and so I can't possibly have brain cancer now despite the fact that the scans, x-rays, blood tests and evidence strongly suggest that I do. 

Climate change is real. And what's different about the current globally observed and documented change is that the speed and scale of it is utterly unprecedented outside of a catastrophic natural phenomenon like a meteor strike or massive volcanic eruption. Yes, the Earth's climate has always changed, but never like this before. So what's causing it? Ninety eight percent of scientists across all scientific areas of study attribute it to industrialization and the rise in Co2 levels. But no, they're all wrong....

Reconstructed-Northern-Hemisphere-annual

As said many times, the biggest producers of CO2, etc, are the Chinese and the US.  Until they do anything positive to reduce emissions then the rest of the world is basically wasting their time!  Btw, I read somewhere that the 2012 figures regarding 'warming' showed that there was no increase in that year and the scientists couldn't explain why.  

18 minutes ago, DoolinDalton said:

Until they do anything positive to reduce emissions then the rest of the world is basically wasting their time! 

That's like saying putting your litter in the bin is a waste of time  because other people chuck theirs down in the street.

21 minutes ago, DoolinDalton said:

Btw, I read somewhere that the 2012 figures regarding 'warming' showed that there was no increase in that year and the scientists couldn't explain why.  

Don't know why you have 'warming' in inverted commas. There's no dispute about an exponential increase in global temperatures over the last 50 years. So why not 2012 too? Because no chart is ever linear. Despite that it's gone from $80 to $1800 even the the stock price of Amazon has had some down periods over the last decade. The trend is what matters.  

12 hours ago, Scully said:

This is my view also.

14 hours ago, Scully said:

spot on Scully, i'm with you on your thoughts.

Its always been very noticeable that climate change activists, promoters, call them what you want, always come from a particular segment of the political spectrum and play the same blame cards

Its taught in schools in a very biased way to deliberately scare the children, which I don't think is legal as it is a political subject. But its considered to be "social awareness" by the teachers.

2 hours ago, DoolinDalton said:

I put warming in inverted commas because it used to be known as Global warming ...but now it's known as Climate change.  Why the change of name?  What happened to the 'warming'?

Later evidence found after emails were leaked suggested that in the fifteen years up to Climategate no warming had been detected and the scientists at East Anglia University had altered the numbers. Suddenly, Global Warming became unfasionable   

Edited by Vince Green

15 hours ago, Scully said:

100% agree although without doubt we are overpopulating the 'Old Girl' which may draw too heavily on her resources.  BUT non of these experts , a lot with over large families, will not discuss or consider.  I know of couples with three daughters and we know why....no son appeared.  A grandfather known to us once said after the birth of another girl..."Not another girl!" and it was obvious why.   An old boy in his nineties said to me the other week that we need another world war to bring everyone to their senses. 

Edited by Walker570

19 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

100% agree although without doubt we are overpopulating the 'Old Girl' which may draw too heavily on her resources.  BUT non of these experts , a lot with over large families, will not discuss or consider.  I know of couples with three daughters and we know why....no son appeared.  A grandfather known to us once said after the birth of another girl..."Not another girl!" and it was obvious why.   An old boy in his nineties said to me the other week that we need another world war to bring everyone to their senses. 

I agree with you about over-population but to solve the issue with a world war doesn't seem that sensible to me..... The touchy subject of over-population and cultural practices needs to come out of the snowflake cupboard and get some proper airtime. And just in case anyone is tempted to accuse me, I am NOT a racist.

I recently happened to watch a travel show programme and part was set in Iceland [not the high street shop 😉]  there was a guided tour/walk thing featured and they were Kayaking on a glazier melt water lake. the guide seemed to be just that a "guide" he had been doing it for about 15 yrs he said the lake had increased dramatically over that time due to glazier melt. from memory 100's of times larger...... warming or a natural event ?