USSR Hammer gun

Centrepin

1 hour ago, lancer425 said:

Absolutely they are a tool to do a job, and one other aspect i perversely getΒ Β  enjoyment from is the very fact it is russian and in the wider world well to be accurate the unknowing wider world look down their noses at baikals. They work like any other gun however and matching guns costing five times as much is a positive i kind of enjoy doing.

Β 

Absolutely πŸ‘

16 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

So are there 3" chambered Baikal sxs's about?

Β 

Apparently so, I'll keep my eye open around here if you like?

But if one comes up for throw away money I'll be in first😁

27 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

So are there 3" chambered Baikal sxs's about?

If so I would like one as my hammer is only 2 3/4" chambered.

Edited to say I could knock some really big fence posts in with it😁

My coment on three inch was re the IZH 3 inch O/U that came out even with multi chokes late 90s 2000s when york guns were marketing Baikal guns. at the time the baikal site had a big long list of guns they marketed hammer guns amongst them. various o/us one if i remember with detacha ble trigger and suposedly sporter lineage. but if a three inch hammer gun was amongst them i can not remember but its possible.

They did like the model 18 in rifle cals 222 308 russian nagant thingy 762x54R or whatever it is and i think 308 762 nato too and 45/70/ . interewsting times.

50 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

My coment on three inch was re the IZH 3 inch O/U that came out even with multi chokes late 90s 2000s when york guns were marketing Baikal guns. at the time the baikal site had a big long list of guns they marketed hammer guns amongst them. various o/us one if i remember with detacha ble trigger and suposedly sporter lineage. but if a three inch hammer gun was amongst them i can not remember but its possible.

They did like the model 18 in rifle cals 222 308 russian nagant thingy 762x54R or whatever it is and i think 308 762 nato too and 45/70/ . interewsting times.

I could be wrong with the 3" as I didn't have my reading glasses,  but I'd say as long as my forefinger and I have big hands😁😁😁

In 1974 I bought a new 12 bore Baikal hammer gun for the princely sum of Β£45. It had the English style stock and fore end of the gun shown in the previous photo`s but with the black locks and action. It was closely modelled on an English top lever, rebounding lock hammer gun.

It was very well made, handled nicely and, although I sold it years ago I know it`s current owner - about it`s tenth - who is as happy with it as I was. Nothing has ever broken and it`s still tight in the action after firing thousands of cartridges.

2 hours ago, mudpatten said:

In 1974 I bought a new 12 bore Baikal hammer gun for the princely sum of Β£45. It had the English style stock and fore end of the gun shown in the previous photo`s but with the black locks and action. It was closely modelled on an English top lever, rebounding lock hammer gun.

It was very well made, handled nicely and, although I sold it years ago I know it`s current owner - about it`s tenth - who is as happy with it as I was. Nothing has ever broken and it`s still tight in the action after firing thousands of cartridges.

That sounds as though it could be itπŸ‘