Top quality gasram gun

washerboy

Just a quick question do you think in this age of pcp that a high quality gasram gun would sell well. Something along the lines of the theoben fenman but with a better trigger. I like shooting gasram guns but they all seem cheap and nasty these days. Only reason I don't own a fenman is because they still fetch £400 used and the triggers are basic for a gun of that money. 

Ive never shot a Theoben or the hw90, but shot a lot of the gamos and the lightning. Hated them all. I owned a few of them and swapped them or sold them straight away. Surprisingly the gamo rocket igt was the best i thought, but still used to chuck its mounts off every half tin. I just kept believing the idea must be right, but i never jelld with it and swapped it out. 

Getting a good ram like theoben used is the hard part.

Also in most guns it's ruins them and they become harsh. During the 90's I tried many gas ram guns as they were the thing at the time. Preferred a good well tuned Springer. 

With good cheap PCP rifles available not sure how well a gas ram gun would sell.

How many buy the gas ram versions of the HW guns ?

I own a .22 HW90 running at 16.5 ft lbs and it’s a great rifle and especially good off hand due to its weight, it has a long barrel with no silencer and yet it’s quiet and the firing cycle perfectly acceptable.

In the early 90’s I bought a .22 sub 12 ft lbs HW90 Euro custom which was absolutely superb in terms of cocking effort, accuracy and firing cycle (it was fitted with a snazzy long silencer), I sold it because it wasn’t any good for real world hunting due to its heft and stock shape being uncomfortable to carry. 

True enough I’ve next to no experience of other gas ram rifles but the 90 was designed that way as were all the true Theobens which were I believe lovely guns in general. It’s no good buying a cheap knock off of the design and expecting excellence. 

9 hours ago, washerboy said:

I owned a hw90, my favourite gun. I had it stolen and stupidly replaced it with a S200 that I hated with a passion. I did contemplate buying a shoddy hw80 and fitting the gasram to it, not sure if they still make them for the 80, they did 10 years ago. 

Why the venom over the S200?

An 80 a tad heavy IMO.

I had a theoben scirocco from new and found out it was almost 15lb, contacted BASC and had a fair bit of trouble getting it sorted. I had to threaten the air rifle shop in Nottingham with Trading standards, it was a nice gun to shoot but once sorted I sold it for a Logun Axor never looked back.