Beretta Micro Core Recoil Pad - fitting

snipe

Hi,

does anyone have experience of fitting a Beretta micro core recoil pad please? I have got one along with the correct screws and am fitting it to a new stock that I'm working on. However, I am uncertain as to how deep the screws should be fitted. Specifically whether I should still see the head of the screws or if they should be screwed in to a point where the essentially vanish into the pad?

Thanks,

Snipe.

I have no experience with beretta recoil pads but when changing a browning soft recoil pad, which are designed so the screw heads screw in below the surface.............make sure you lubricate the screwheads before fitting, otherwise dry, you may split the pad when the screw head enters the pad!

You screw them in untill they tighten up, there is a hard plate in the core of the pad that sits against the wooden stock, this is where the heads of the screws tighten against. Don't forget to put a bit of vaseline or grease under the screw head so it don't damage the pad when they go through the little holes. I put some along the threads too makes them easier to screw in.

Edited by figgy