Two flights in two locations

Big Al

I already had this clip made up, so I've put it on YouTube despite my self-imposed ban on uploading duck shooting/ wildfowling videos.

Two pretty quiet flights - the first one is on a small island on Lough Neagh.  Access is via careful wading! The second is a much more recognisable spot. Not a huge amount of action - a total of 3 ducks for 2 flights, but very enjoyable none the less.

As usual,  the dogs had a blast!

8 hours ago, SHADEYADE16 said:

Another great video.

Love how you start off leaving your home, you can see how excited your dog's are to get out.

Cracking shooting and a great retrieve from you dog's.

Thanks - I'm wearing chest waders by the time I let the dogs out so they know exactly what's going on!

I need to tidy up the garage a bit, though.

Another great video , I bet your dogs knew the night before you were going fowling the next day , mine must look at the calendar to see the shoots dates as he always know when we are off for the day , when I go down the marsh in the afternoon's he get a little excitable but on a shoot day he is like a cat on hot bricks , strange how they seem to know .

Things have been quite over this side of the pond as well , we rely on getting some water on the marsh but the amount we have had lately , including today is never ending , every marsh have now got water on and the duck can go wherever it fancy , the odd night you might get the odd pair and then you can go a few nights without seeing a duck , still it is something you get use to and if I had a pound for every blank flight I have had over the years I dare say I would be one very wealthy old man ,   

15 hours ago, marsh man said:

Another great video , I bet your dogs knew the night before you were going fowling the next day , mine must look at the calendar to see the shoots dates as he always know when we are off for the day , when I go down the marsh in the afternoon's he get a little excitable but on a shoot day he is like a cat on hot bricks , strange how they seem to know .

Things have been quite over this side of the pond as well , we rely on getting some water on the marsh but the amount we have had lately , including today is never ending , every marsh have now got water on and the duck can go wherever it fancy , the odd night you might get the odd pair and then you can go a few nights without seeing a duck , still it is something you get use to and if I had a pound for every blank flight I have had over the years I dare say I would be one very wealthy old man ,   

Many thanks marsh man.  You're right about the blank flights - but if it was all about the shooting we'd be clay busters.

We need a few hard frosts to concentrate birds on the shore.

Good Video Big Al....Yes there's lots of water and 'splashes' out there so the duck have lots of options. Personally speaking i don't like lots of birds over me so you know you need to make the shots count which you always do....great shooting !!

Edited by prem1234

On 28/11/2019 at 13:33, prem1234 said:

Good Video Big Al....Yes there's lots of water and 'splashes' out there so the duck have lots of options. Personally speaking i don't like lots of birds over me so you know you need to make the shots count which you always do....great shooting !!

Thank you. I'm hoping to get a few more days out fowling over Christmas. This work thing really mucks up your shooting!

30 minutes ago, greylag said:

Another great adventure.You could almost feel the excitement at the start of the trip.Really enjoy your wildfowling vids watching the dogs doing what they love.

Thanks greylag. As I've said before,  pheasant shooting is great craic with the other guns, but wildfowling is my first love.