Marochii Finn

moztoyota

Never seen one, But the FINN and the Marochi aspect . There is some history there and i know the companies were linked or at least were linked in some way.

Think from the 80s Marocchi and Tikka had some connection, certainly by the 90s Tikka had a Italian style O/U in the line up and started making or selling at least Tikka shotgun which was basicaly the same as the  Finnish valmet O/U from the 50s 60s 70s which was as sort of clone of a Remington model 32 which went on to spawn the Fantastic 3200 in its various options.

JLS the tikka importers for many years imported a few Tikkas i can not remember the model numbers now but  they were nice finish to them no pun intended, and they looked verry Remington 3200 like .

About earrly 90s the marochi name came into it, and Tikkas italian styled shotguns i presume were Marochi , this again might have had something to do with the ever popular trend of remarketing re badging guns which as gone on forever. Remington sold a range of guns in the 89s about this time the Premmier which were Sabatti made guns .

So a few broad dates and names and gun models that may indicate the Marochi FINN is like a modern day REMINGTON ?VALMET?TIKKA shotgun .

I have never had a tikka shotgun, or marochi. But i had a valmet and i had a Remington 3200 and they were both great guns, the valmet was very old when i got it but the 3200 was a close to new Skeet gun and that gun is in my list of guns i should never have sold.

Remington did sell a 3 inch mag ren choked 3200 for a short wile it had skeet proportioned woodwork and 28 or 30 inch barrels in the same 3200 style. i would  like to find one of those one day but i think they were probably Remington custom shop guns, or certainly short run if not, Hens teeth. .

I think you will be pleased with the gun, its dependent on condition but the pedigree is there no doubt about it, and it being a bit of an odd ball there is room to haggle the price down i imagine. good luck and google a few of these names and models and i think you will see where i am coming from in my long winded but straight from memory description of what your gun ...MIGHT BE!:lol:

Edited by lancer425

On 29/11/2019 at 22:57, lancer425 said:

Never seen one, But the FINN and the Marochi aspect . There is some history there and i know the companies were linked or at least were linked in some way.

Think from the 80s Marocchi and Tikka had some connection, certainly by the 90s Tikka had a Italian style O/U in the line up and started making or selling at least Tikka shotgun which was basicaly the same as the  Finnish valmet O/U from the 50s 60s 70s which was as sort of clone of a Remington model 32 which went on to spawn the Fantastic 3200 in its various options.

JLS the tikka importers for many years imported a few Tikkas i can not remember the model numbers now but  they were nice finish to them no pun intended, and they looked verry Remington 3200 like .

About earrly 90s the marochi name came into it, and Tikkas italian styled shotguns i presume were Marochi , this again might have had something to do with the ever popular trend of remarketing re badging guns which as gone on forever. Remington sold a range of guns in the 89s about this time the Premmier which were Sabatti made guns .

So a few broad dates and names and gun models that may indicate the Marochi FINN is like a modern day REMINGTON ?VALMET?TIKKA shotgun .

I have never had a tikka shotgun, or marochi. But i had a valmet and i had a Remington 3200 and they were both great guns, the valmet was very old when i got it but the 3200 was a close to new Skeet gun and that gun is in my list of guns i should never have sold.

Remington did sell a 3 inch mag ren choked 3200 for a short wile it had skeet proportioned woodwork and 28 or 30 inch barrels in the same 3200 style. i would  like to find one of those one day but i think they were probably Remington custom shop guns, or certainly short run if not, Hens teeth. .

I think you will be pleased with the gun, its dependent on condition but the pedigree is there no doubt about it, and it being a bit of an odd ball there is room to haggle the price down i imagine. good luck and google a few of these names and models and i think you will see where i am coming from in my long winded but straight from memory description of what your gun ...MIGHT BE!:lol:

thanks for that interesting info.I,ve been out and dusted a few clays on a try b4 buy basis. Got to admit it,s a very nice gun and seems quality made.(i,m more a s/a man as i like my gun to be a little lighter on the forend).

On 30/11/2019 at 14:02, Centrepin said:

I know absolutely nothing but found this😉

thanks for the info.I,ve got the model prior the one in the film and the only drawback is the action is polished to practically mirror finish that the sun reflects off it like a laser if you happen to be shooting high birds in an awkward but unavoidable position.Apart from that i think i,ll buy this gun,thanks again for the vid.