Ejector over riding fired case and/or snap cap

Blackpowder

47 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Just in case, have you already checked that it's doing it with other cartridge makes and not just the one?

Yes tried it with snap cap which remained below the ejector on the left barrel.   Had to dismantle fore end to remove and tried dropping a live cartridge into the barrel , it too passed the ejector head and now the gun refuses to re-assemble as the fore end wont slip into the action.  Due no doubt to me having  interrupted  the sequence leaving something most likely the ejectors  uncocked.

Blackpowder

On the front edge of the action you should see the cocking dogs - push the offending one against a block of wood to recock the hammer. The ejector can be replaced if you can get one, if not then a decent gunsmith should be able to build up the worn area with weld and reshape - might be an idea to remove the whole ejector and make sure everything is moving as it should.

My Dad (God rest him) made a new ejector for an old 3'' single barrel shotgun when the original wore. He used metal from the springs of an old VW beetle.It was a better and no doubt stronger one than the original.

Not a big job for a Gun Smith or a competent handy man. Something of which I am not.Well no were near what my father was.