Hi, again, after quite an absence.

MarcusTheHat

As above,

Now being retired, I am attempting to re-kindle my 40-year-ago youthful passion for rifle shooting, at targets rather than game.

Got an 1898 Long Lee Enfield, in almost pristine external condition, with a spotless slick and smooth bolt and action and only very light smidgen of surface rust to the barrel

(but I have not yet checked the grease plugged bore, because the riifle is currently with a RFD until it registered, and put on my FAC)

Which  LE rifle .303 was my grandfathers, and lay hidden and unused  for 90 odd years,  until I found it some 3 weeks ago😀,

So that is at one end of the spectrum,  and a wee 12 ft lb .177 air rifle is at the other🙂,

with a 22 ft lb Theoben Eliminator in .22 and couple of .22 rimfires and a .17HMR in-between.

I am also a longstanding rifle and pistol club member.

No particular interest in pistols.

Bye for now,

Marcus, the Hat.

Edited by MarcusTheHat

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/11/2019 at 20:10, MarcusTheHat said:

As above,

Now being retired, I am attempting to re-kindle my 40-year-ago youthful passion for rifle shooting, at targets rather than game.

Got an 1898 Long Lee Enfield, in almost pristine external condition, with a spotless slick and smooth bolt and action and only very light smidgen of surface rust to the barrel

(but I have not yet checked the grease plugged bore, because the riifle is currently with a RFD until it registered, and put on my FAC)

Which  LE rifle .303 was my grandfathers, and lay hidden and unused  for 90 odd years,  until I found it some 3 weeks ago😀,

So that is at one end of the spectrum,  and a wee 12 ft lb .177 air rifle is at the other🙂,

with a 22 ft lb Theoben Eliminator in .22 and couple of .22 rimfires and a .17HMR in-between.

I am also a longstanding rifle and pistol club member.

No particular interest in pistols.

Bye for now,

Marcus, the Hat.

would be nice if you could put some pics up of the Lee Enfield......:good:

Welcome MarcusTheHat. I had a few shots with a Theoben Eliminator when they first came out. How do you find yours? The trigger put me off getting one yet the trigger on a Rapid Mk2 was very very nice.

Quite a few FAC Eliminators come up secondhand these days and are relatively cheap.     

Edited by Whitebridges