flooded field lead or not

charlie b

5 minutes ago, charlie b said:

i thought it was to be used on wetland were shot could fall into water and farm land was ok to use lead 

In England it is NOT where the lead is going BUT the species that it is being used on.

1 minute ago, Perazzishot said:

That is the Scottish Law, and a flooded field would technically constitute shooting over water so non toxic required.

So, what if you were shooting pheasants or partridge over that field  ?  How big a puddle constitutes 'water' when being shot over then  ?

Not trying to be a smart **** i honestly am not, but everyone keeps saying non tox, i know its commonly used term, but we are not non tox here. its NON LEAD. Always has been.

pure copper is toxic as hell itself but its legal. I use it a lot its hard but weighs close to bismuth but can send it fast i like this in some circumstances. But Copper is supper toxic.

15 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Just to confuse matters as far as game shooting go's , we have got some shoots around the Broadland area in Norfolk that come under the SSSI ruling , on these shoots , everything have to be shot with non toxic shot , including Pigeons .

Thank you, that's good to know as I'm a regular visitor to Norfolk and am planning to start shooting there next year. Currently only fish in Norfolk, last time I shot there was 2010. Now I'll know to ask when I book. 👍

On 28/11/2019 at 20:55, Westley said:

In England it is NOT where the lead is going BUT the species that it is being used on.

So, what if you were shooting pheasants or partridge over that field  ?  How big a puddle constitutes 'water' when being shot over then  ?

Never been tested, but shooting anything over water clays included with lead in Scotland is banned.

On 30/11/2019 at 10:18, Centrepin said:

That's so true, and the biggest reason it was banned was the legislation was passed while all the fishermen, and angling organisations where arguing amongst themselves who had the biggest dangling bits.🤔🙄

Whilst the 'Shooters' just had theirs 'chewed off'  !