Miroku 3800 review

Centrepin

Does it fit? Do you like it? Will it give you pleasure every time you take it out of the cabinet? Life's too short - buy it and enjoy it as you will need to look quite hard to find a negative review on Miroku's. I bought a really old one of this site about 7 years ago (not a 3800) - paid pennies for it but I love it and sold my 525 within weeks - been using it since and it's just bomb proof.

Mirokus are brownings with a few detail changes in action layout. Been around since mid 50s here at a guess. had a few over years 600 game a couple of 800 traps a 3800 skeet a 7000 gane i should have never sold that.

never had any trouble, one trap gun the second one i bought early 70s was used but had done nothing was still stiff to open. i used that 20 years hard was still fine in fact just about bedded in and loosened up nice.:lol:

Stop fretting just buy it you can not really get anything better they do anything well and take the hard use well. Pay attention to lubrication rust prevention and cleaning it will last you yeears if its in sound condition.

Had 2 Miroku's, a 9000 grd 5 and a Mk 60 grd 5 that was Briley choked.  Wish i'd never sold them but might be getting a Mk 38 grd 5 next week.

If i do buy it it will deffo be a keeper. Nearly forgot to add that i had a Miroku skeet gun too but i cant remember what model it was. 

I fired quite a few more though it this afternoon and compared it against my sons MK38, he kept trying the 3800 and reckons it's as good as his which is 20 years newer. I fired a  couple though his but didn't want to confuse things so stuck with it. As the afternoon came to an end I was hitting just about everything as I relaxed into it more. Then I missed everything through over confidence which returned me to reality.

Decided to keep it.😁😁😁 Just need to pay for it now🙄

I have a 3800S.   This is the sporting version.   Bought it as a used gun and had it tailored to fit.  Very light gun.

Must have had it for 30 plus years.   Only recently has it given me problems and I have shot thousands of cartridges through it and abused it terribly.   Now it tends to only fire one barrel on occasions.   Gunsmith has fixed it again but says it is very worn.   This does not surprise me. 

Love it to bits.