London bridge

Rewulf

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Armed police are a fact of life in London these days. Who would be a copper living under this sort of pressure day in day out? They are after all just ordinary people who go home to their families at the end of their shift. Yet every day they are walking round with an MP5 and a Glock waiting for their  worst nightmare to kick off.

Be very grateful to them. 

9 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Armed police are a fact of life in London these days. Who would be a copper living under this sort of pressure day in day out? They are after all just ordinary people who go home to their families at the end of their shift. Yet every day they are walking round with an MP5 and a Glock waiting for their  worst nightmare to kick off.

Be very grateful to them. 

Indeed, I was out with a couple of Essex Police AR team on Saturday. Interesting characters.

Seeing reports of a multiple stabbing in The Hague now too.

Something strange at the scene shown in the video. A man in plane clothes carrying a knife (presumably taken from the suspect) walks over the bridge towards the camera as they drag the man off the top of the attacker. The police then shoot the suspect and the man carrying the knife reaches into his pocket with his left hand pulls something out and throws it to the ground.  

16 minutes ago, oowee said:

Something strange at the scene shown in the video. A man in plane clothes carrying a knife (presumably taken from the suspect) walks over the bridge towards the camera as they drag the man off the top of the attacker. The police then shoot the suspect and the man carrying the knife reaches into his pocket with his left hand pulls something out and throws it to the ground.  

I've read  a few people suggesting it might be some sort of powder he wouldn't want to be found with on his person.

1 hour ago, markm said:

The whole of the video, which is stopped on news channels seems to confirm this is the case. Split decision and the right one. What happens if it was real? If it was and it went off, serving police, who ran to the scene would be dead, as well as the good citizens. 

video on liveleak 

And that passer by member of Jo Public not only tackled this nutter who had a knife but potential suicide vest?? This chap needs a pint a pie and a bravery award. 

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

That's a bit harsh, they are not gullible at all. 

Occasionally my sarcasm is a little cryptic, or my grammar poor. 

And biases? Really? 

You're sarcasm was close to what the truth could easily be, so it's understandable  a few may have took it as read🥴…….. However, with RaJa Clavata's comment, I think we all know where he was going, but by saying "By Rewulf" I just couldn't resist a bit of Touché🤪

1 hour ago, oowee said:

In some photos it just looked like a handkerchief but in others something bigger, not that it really matters,  if he is the one who disarmed the terrorist then he's one brave man

20191129_221659.jpg

20191129_221644.jpg

20191129_221710.jpg

Edited by Deker
Cropped to remove face

48 minutes ago, Ozz said:

And that passer by member of Jo Public not only tackled this nutter who had a knife but potential suicide vest?? This chap needs a pint a pie and a bravery award. 

Sorry (and I’m sure you will agree) all of these people need a pride of Britain award and a knighthood. 

55 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

That's a bit harsh, they are not gullible at all. 

Occasionally my sarcasm is a little cryptic, or my grammar poor. 

And biases? Really? 

My comments were no way intended as a slight on you.

Despite it seeming like a bit of an own goal for the Brexiteer Corbyn dislikers 🤪

I personally wouldn’t worry about grammar on an Internet forum, it’s a communication platform not part of an English language test...

51 minutes ago, KB1 said:

You're sarcasm was close to what the truth could easily be, so it's understandable  a few may have took it as read🥴…….. However, with RaJa Clavata's comment, I think we all know where he was going, but by saying "By Rewulf" I just couldn't resist a bit of Touché🤪

You missed the point. As usual.

Police shouldn't be afraid of persocution when some nutter starts stabbing the public and look like they're wearing a bomb vest.  Even without a vest shoot the evil scum and rid the world of a cold blooded murderers.

Said to my wife today the government either know or suspected more attacks to have armed officers openly walking through crowded city shoppers.

Early reports of witnesses said on radio two people with kitchen knives were stabbing people. Maybe the fella who took the knife of the attacker was mistaken as a second knife man.

Edited by figgy

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

People die and you step in with a snide remark. 

In response to a fake snide (sarcastic) remark at Corbyn.

The incident happened just across the river to my office and I was in communication with friends on the other side of the river who witnessed the majority of the incident from their office window.

How was the weather in Bolton today 🙄

The weather was fine. So much so that I didn't feel the need to make snide remarks. Your comment was not directed at the remark, but at someone who didn't realise it was a joke. 

Perhaps your proximity to the event should have stopped you from making a tasteless dig at another PW member, but it didn't. You really can't help yourself.

2 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Indeed, I was out with a couple of Essex Police AR team on Saturday. Interesting characters.

Seeing reports of a multiple stabbing in The Hague now too.

The attacker in Holland escaped and is still at large according to the news report I saw at 10.30pm

2 hours ago, Donkey said:

Not sure if it’s correct but I hear it was two women who were murdered today so there will be a mother sister daughter not coming home tonight my thoughts go out to their families 

... Exactly!

Can we just leave it at that rather than a political/point scoring competition please?

4 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

My comments were no way intended as a slight on you.

Despite it seeming like a bit of an own goal for the Brexiteer Corbyn dislikers 🤪

I personally wouldn’t worry about grammar on an Internet forum, it’s a communication platform not part of an English language test...

You missed the point. As usual.

A lot of people seem to miss you're point…………  maybe you're not so good at getting there🥴

Late news item the dead guy had recently been released from prison for terrorist offences! This is an issue which I, personally, have been concerned about: the very short sentences being handed out "....5 years for terrorism". I've noticed this several times and thought far to short and what happens during their time inside -.do they suddenly become good boys again?