London bridge

Rewulf

25 minutes ago, bottletopbill said:

Yes but did the officer who fired see some thing and the others did not notice a hand  movement. Who are we to judge do not want him to be made guilty twenty years later as were the paras on bloody Sunday.

I agree, as I said, they made a split second and did what they felt was right...they would get no argument or criticism from me!

43 minutes ago, ordnance said:

The police did a good job, once he strapped on a suicide vest real or fake he signed his own death warrant. 

agreed!

I saw some geeza on TV trying to explain that the authorities decided to let convicted criminals, including terrorists, out on serving half the sentence, because if the crim/terr felt he would get no opportunity for early release, he would get depressed and become impossible to handle!.....**** me!
My solution......their choice.....

full sentence or this cyanide pill? 

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

Let’s not let emotion get in the way of the facts, the police arrived after members of the public had subdued the illegitimate SOB, if he had a viable suicide device, he would have already detonated it before plod arrived! As the main object of these terrorists is to kill as many “Kafir” as possible! The police were armed, they had guns, the assailant didn’t! At that stage have a weapon (members of the public had taken the knife from him) he was unarmed! The police were, in this instance, in little or no danger! It is the unarmed members of the public who tackled this armed murderer, that deserve our praises......I would not criticise the police for shooting this guy, they had to make a split second decision.....and did!....now the unarmed copper who died in the last London terrorist attack when tackling an armed terrorist with a knife, deserves our utmost respect for his courage...........I don’t know if I would have done it?

However, the police are not above criticism, especially regarding the appalling delays in gun certificate administration.

I hope spurs 14 wouldn’t want to punch me in the face for expressing this opinion? 🤕

On a related matter, did anyone see the singularly unimpressive statement from the Met Commissioner (Cressida Richard) a politician trying to look like a copper!

Let's not forget that one of those was a plain clothed btp officer who took the knife from him having chased him across the street also. 

And as for little or no danger - you tell me of a suicide vest it real or not from looking it at. They thought it was real enough until expo came along. 

22 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

Let's not forget that one of those was a plain clothed btp officer who took the knife from him having chased him across the street also. 

And as for little or no danger - you tell me of a suicide vest it real or not from looking it at. They thought it was real enough until expo came along. 

EXACTLY!

Always treated as viable, shoot the head, stop the triggering of the device!

The idiots who let this heap of muck out of prison need putting in there for a few years to reflect. This heap of rubbish had been released  from prison where he was as a result of committing or attempting to commit a terrorist action. Another know terrorist released to roam our streets.  Those releasing him should hang their heads in shame.......

I hope the media name and shame them, but don't hold your breath.  This country is going down the tubes because of these wuffly duffly do gooders who can see no harm in anybody.

1 minute ago, Walker570 said:

The idiots who let this heap of muck out of prison need putting in there for a few years to reflect. This heap of rubbish had been released  from prison where he was as a result of committing or attempting to commit a terrorist action. Another know terrorist released to roam our streets.  Those releasing him should hang their heads in shame.......

I hope the media name and shame them, but don't hold your breath.  This country is going down the tubes because of these wuffly duffly do gooders who can see no harm in anybody.

^^^^^ This. Whatever the rules are they need to change. Complete madness.

4 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

sometimes it's impossible to spot the signs, because there are none. dangerous people can turn their lives around. But there must have been some monitoring going on. I can't believe he wasn't more closely supervised.

You have to be joking.   Would you if you knew that the near side front brake on your car was faulty which may make you swerve onto the sidewalk and kill a young woman and her child, ignore it and carrty on driving????   This heap of extcrement was a know terrorist and some idiot or idiots let him out to kill someones daughter and wife today.

Edited by Walker570

Just now, Walker570 said:

He had PREVIOUS for heavens sake and some wuffly duffly ...well he might be a nice guy underneath...idiot ..let him out to kill two innocent people.  Get real.

And one of the people who wrestled him to the ground (after he'd tried to save the life of a woman) was a convicted murderer who'd killed a girl who was disabled. 

6 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

sometimes it's impossible to spot the signs, because there are none. dangerous people can turn their lives around. But there must have been some monitoring going on. I can't believe he wasn't more closely supervised.

I'd say plotting to bomb a trade centre in an isil cell is a pretty big sign. He should still be in jail. Until about 2029 when his sentence ran out. 

1 minute ago, chrisjpainter said:

And one of the people who wrestled him to the ground (after he'd tried to save the life of a woman) was a convicted murderer who'd killed a girl who was disabled. 

On day release no less. 

It's a wonder this country ever got as far as it did. 

Edited by GingerCat

5 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

oowee - agreed. I am worrying that agreeing with your posts might be habit forming.👍

2 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Gordon, don't panic because underneath he is quite a nice person as we both agree Somerset is one of the very best counties to go stalking deer.:good:

Steady on lads :) 

32 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Gordon, don't panic because underneath he is quite a nice person as we both agree Somerset is one of the very best counties to go stalking deer.:yes::good:

Thirded... Ha

As for the topic. Vest, real or fake, the now dead terrorist killed two and injured others, was apprehended then police took action when seeing what they believed to be a bomb vest. The police did the right thing in my opinion. 

37 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

The signs were spotted and he got put away in 2012 for trying to pipe bomb the stock exchange, 16years and he served 7/8 of them. So the system failed two innocent people yesterday. 

5 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Thirded... Ha

As for the topic. Vest, real or fake, the now dead terrorist killed two and injured others, was apprehended then police took action when seeing what they believed to be a bomb vest. The police did the right thing in my opinion. 

Yup. You can't train your police marksmen to think independently, then chastise them for shooting someone who appears to have a bomb. I'd rather a cop walked away saying 'I thought it was real, I was wrong' than 'I thought it was fake, I was wrong'

5 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Yup. You can't train your police marksmen to think independently, then chastise them for shooting someone who appears to have a bomb. I'd rather a cop walked away saying 'I thought it was real, I was wrong' than 'I thought it was fake, I was wrong'

To the best of my knowledge, no one on PW has criticised, or chastised the copper for pulling the trigger?........I used different words but that’s what I said!

1 minute ago, panoma1 said:

To the best of my knowledge, no one on PW has criticised, or chastised the copper for pulling the trigger?........I used different words but that’s what I said!

Sorry, that wasn't meant to be specifically against anyone on here; my apologies if that is how my comment came across.

Given the nature of his crime, I would have been certain he would never have done what he did. I was wrong. 

That said, I would never have let the terrorist or this lad out again.

3 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Let’s not let emotion get in the way of the facts, the police arrived after members of the public had subdued the illegitimate SOB, if he had a viable suicide device, he would have already detonated it before plod arrived! As the main object of these terrorists is to kill as many “Kafir” as possible! The police were armed, they had guns, the assailant didn’t! At that stage have a weapon (members of the public had taken the knife from him) he was unarmed! The police were, in this instance, in little or no danger! It is the unarmed members of the public who tackled this armed murderer, that deserve our praises......I would not criticise the police for shooting this guy, they had to make a split second decision.....and did!....now the unarmed copper who died in the last London terrorist attack when tackling an armed terrorist with a knife, deserves our utmost respect for his courage...........I don’t know if I would have done it?

However, the police are not above criticism, especially regarding the appalling delays in gun certificate administration.

I hope spurs 14 wouldn’t want to punch me in the face for expressing this opinion? 🤕

On a related matter, did anyone see the singularly unimpressive statement from the Met Commissioner (Cressida Richard) a politician trying to look like a copper!

What are you on about? I'm sure the news said two knives, one duck taped to his hand!! What's to say he had a vest but wanted more people nearby for maximum damage?? I really hope the police have been told if in doubt shoot, why take the risk. He could easily have had more knives,  only takes a slash and another life is lost.

Watching the news last night I was thinking put him in the river!

I hope the police officer gets all the support he needs for doing his job.

11 minutes ago, Mice! said:

What are you on about? I'm sure the news said two knives, one duck taped to his hand!! What's to say he had a vest but wanted more people nearby for maximum damage?? I really hope the police have been told if in doubt shoot, why take the risk. He could easily have had more knives,  only takes a slash and another life is lost.

Watching the news last night I was thinking put him in the river!

I hope the police officer gets all the support he needs for doing his job.

That’s why I wrote “I would not criticise the police for shooting this guy, they had to make a split second decision........and did!”

16 hours ago, KB1 said:

A lot of people seem to miss you're point…………  maybe you're not so good at getting there🥴

Interesting concept of “a lot”. One of the few doesn’t even count. You’re on a hiding to nothing with this, but hey..,

7 hours ago, poontang said:

We've just had a case locally where 3 drug dealers stabbed another drug dealer. They caused serious harm but didn't kill him. Two of the attackers were handed 26 year sentences, whilst the third, a 16 year old, was given 19 years (slightly less due to his age and he doesn't pose a serious risk to the public apparently). The 2 older men will serve a minimum of 14 years with an extended 5 year licence period.

How then is it right that a terrorist who was planning mass killings and was trying to set up a training camp for other mass killers is released after just 8 years? I'd love to see the reports that went to the parole board, as no doubt would the family and friends of Khan's victims. Earlier this year a 23 year old Neo Nazi was jailed for life, with a minimum of 20 years, for planning to kill a Labour MP.  A long, and just sentence I'm sure most would agree though totally at odds with the sentence passed down to Khan back in 2012. Why? It seems the establishment CAN act tough when it's one of their own in the firing line.

The justice system and sentencing guidelines in this country need a radical shakeup, and quickly.  

This👍