Target shooting scottish borders ?

chrisp

I currently have my SGC and shoot game and vermin ,im looking to get into target shooting with a view to eventualy getting my firearms certificate

Iv tryed google but to no avail ,is there anywhere in the borders (a club) where i could join to gain experience and work towards getting my firearms ticket ?

Thanks

On 30/11/2019 at 17:52, chrisp said:

I can go out lamping with a local keeper but thought it would be better to join a club too ? 

In time I'd like to get a .303 lee Enfield and not sure is get that calibre for stalking

Try Vintage Arms Scotland if you're after a .303. They shoot down in the borders along with other locations. Some people have .303 granted for stalking, not sure how the local FLD feel about it and perhaps unlikely for a first grant but then again it's a case by case basis and depends on the land you have to shoot over etc. If you could say you would be out with the keeper then perhaps they'd like the supervision aspect of that.