black saturday , fine art sale.

mel b3

On 01/12/2019 at 20:54, NoBodyImportant said:

I have always been fascinated by the English narrow boats. If I lived there I’d spend a year or two canal traveling.  

The good lady and myself looked into living on a canal boat , it seems that renting a mooring in a marina , costs more than paying a sensible mortgage. We also looked at buying a few acres of land with its own moorings ,  this would have been a better option except it was just a bit too far to travel to work.

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

The good lady and myself looked into living on a canal boat , it seems that renting a mooring in a marina , costs more than paying a sensible mortgage. We also looked at buying a few acres of land with its own moorings ,  this would have been a better option except it was just a bit too far to travel to work.

Just out of curiosity what does that cost?  I’m guessing electric and water would be included.  I follow a few people on YouTube and they travel and tie up in free locations but they have to move every 14 days.  They mostly have propane fridges and heaters and solar panels for lights.   None of them seem to have jobs witch I wondered about as none of them have a large enough fan base to pay bills.  Land on a canal would be awesome. But then you might as well build a house. 

Edited by NoBodyImportant

4 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Just out of curiosity what does that cost?  I’m guessing electric and water would be included.  I follow a few people on YouTube and they travel and tie up in free locations but they have to move every 14 days.  They mostly have propane fridges and heaters and solar panels for lights.   None of them seem to have jobs witch I wondered about as none of them have a large enough fan base to pay bills.  Land on a canal would be awesome. But then you might as well build a house. 

I've been into a marina for work this morning,  and I think I'll be back there later in the week, so I'll enquire about up to date prices .

21 hours ago, ladyjack said:

Does that mean I can have it ??

I've removed it from the heavy piece of wood that it was stuck to , my good lady will try to find out a postal cost today 👍.

4 hours ago, mel b3 said:

I've been into a marina for work this morning,  and I think I'll be back there later in the week, so I'll enquire about up to date prices .

I've removed it from the heavy piece of wood that it was stuck to , my good lady will try to find out a postal cost today 👍.

Ok thanks very much,will look awesome on bar wall

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/12/2019 at 06:29, NoBodyImportant said:

hello, very expensive in Abingdon marina (River Thames) that is is why many just moor up along the river and move after ? days, there is even a local council worker to check on their moorings

On 12/12/2019 at 14:21, ladyjack said:

Ok mel,money transfer sorted mate thanks again Dave 

Lovely dave , thankyou very much mate ,  the money ,plus a few quid that I made from making wooden garden ornaments, will be on its way to one of the children's charities 👍.