Proud dad

team tractor

I’ve been trying to get my boy away from the screens in his life so I tried him in the workshop.

hes made all these phone holders 😎 with now hole for charging.

he found out the timber and set the 4 sided planer up . Ok I’ve used the saw but he pushed them through the plane as it’s enclosed. 
he’s glued them up and hand sanded them. To top it off he’s sold 8 today 😮 on Facebook. Not bad for a 10 year old

15AE1067-59B4-4FF6-BC28-D7787ABAD5E8.jpeg

0365B083-29E8-430A-A6B4-5CE0C69BE60B.jpeg

AD297C60-B45C-47E0-90D6-CDD99547C167.jpeg

Sorry pics are sideways 

bloody well done........if there were more fathers that taught and interacted more with their children like that ...the world would be a far better place........

i bet he will be thinking of something else now...:good:

get him to do a swap with one of little birds landyards 

Edited by ditchman

10 minutes ago, ditchman said:

bloody well done........if there were more fathers that taught and interacted more with their children like that ...the world would be a far better place........

i bet he will be thinking of something else now...:good:

get him to do a swap with one of little birds landyards 

Thank you 😊. Kids are for playing , joking , teaching with. I hate him on his pad more than 15 minutes a time . 
we’ve made so much stuff over the years like mdf go karts , drifters etc 

Edited by team tractor

23 minutes ago, fatchap said:

Nice work there from the lad,

wish I had a fork lift in my workshop.

thank you . He’s got a gift and don’t realise the same as he’s an amazing shot but he’s not really interested.

You don’t with all the bills that go with it. 
it saves hours unloading timber but with tests, insurance, maintenance it’s not cheap. 
if it breaks I don’t think we’ll bother again. 👍

Looks great - get him to make a larger version to hold iPads - expand the range

On 30/11/2019 at 20:49, team tractor said:

Thank you figgy , it’s in the blood as my grandad made reliants lol so all out of wood at the time. 
landrover would be ace

20 hours ago, Mice! said:

That's great going TT, cant believe no one asked if he still has all his fingers 😉

20191210_011124_compress89.jpg.3efe3a199aa191f7911d23ece64bfa01.jpg

I'm a  bit anal about putting my kids pictures out there, but kids do you want to paint my new squirrel feeder? YEAH,  they didn't do a great job but they had fun👍

As he’s a bit older I’m not so fussed about the pic bit now . He loves to come in a prime windows etc but he gets a few quid off me :) 

13 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Definitely a chip off the old block TT....no pun intended of course. 

Cheers nev :) 

12 hours ago, oowee said:

Kids are the best. Kids engaging with parents are even better. How nice is that 🙂 

Thanks :) . My weekend again and we’ll see what else we can make. I’m thinking a fancy bread board for my mum. 

hello, many many years ago i use to work in Education with young people, Woodwork instructor, at Christmas they made bird boxes for those that had gardens, for dads it was a boot jack, for mums it was a cheese board, bearing in mind i had to scrounge the timber board which was mainly packing case cheap ply they had to do a lot of rubbing down with sand paper

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

6 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, many many years ago i use to work in Education with young people, Woodwork instructor, at Christmas they made bird boxes for those that had gardens, for dads it was a boot jack, for mums it was a cheese board, bearing in mind i had to scrounge the timber board which was mainly packing case cheap ply they had to do a lot of rubbing down with sand paper

That sounds good for them 

5 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Have him make an end grain block cutting board TT.  Not difficult with your kit(table saw and planer) and when complete really does look good. Did you see the one I made with some of those off cuts you gave me. If I can make one I am certain your lad can.

004.JPG

You’ve ready my mind nev. I was thinking sapele and oak like the picture. 

41 minutes ago, jason g said:

Get him making a toylander there ace, he has a real talent well done to him 👍

That would be brilliant and test his patience but my test mine to much 😂😂😂