Empire Cartridges

On 30/11/2019 at 20:08, Lloyd90 said:

Are you anything to do with them?

That website opens to a front page with nothing but a logo... is it broken or something?

Also what sets them aside from the tried and tested brands? Do they list their components?

I used the cheapest clear pigeon 30g 6's today and dropped some good height pheasant... be good to know whats good about these if they cost more? 

click on the face book logo ,it brings lots of stuff up

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Perazzishot said:

Shot with the owner earlier this year, he has some set aside for me to try in a special load, will let you know how I get on with them!

Trying to get some 35g nickel 3 or 4's loaded for Wales

Edited by dodeer

On 02/12/2019 at 17:51, dodeer said:

No for someone who wants them for 40-60 metre pheasants. 

He made some with a PVA obturator but unfortunately the shoot in question would not allow them. Even though they dissolve in less than an hour, the argument was that anyone could tell them they had PVA discs with no knowledge of whether they were or not until everywhere was covered in them.

40 minutes ago, Perazzishot said:

He made some with a PVA obturator but unfortunately the shoot in question would not allow them. Even though they dissolve in less than an hour, the argument was that anyone could tell them they had PVA discs with no knowledge of whether they were or not until everywhere was covered in them.

Interesting but G is going for pure fibre only now.

• 5 months later...

Hi Guys.

Long term stalker first time poster...

As you will guess I am affiliated with the company named in the thread title.. just thought you’d be interested to see our website is now live.

Head over to www.EmpireCartridges.com to pass a bit of the lockdown. 

Don’t be too brutal though...

Cheers

Andrew. 

6 minutes ago, Empire Andrew said:

Hi Guys.

As you will guess I am affiliated with the company named in the thread title.. just thought you’d be interested to see our website is now live.

Cheers

Andrew. 

Will you be seeking Trade Membership?

1 hour ago, Empire Andrew said:

Hi Guys.

Cheers

Andrew. 

Welcome to the forum 

do you do a 2.1/2 inch fibre steel load ? 

39 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

No worries, from what I understand if you order 10k plus you can have whatever you like printed on them too. 

I can see it now, 'PW high bird club' 

😂

Or maybe the 100 yard boys 

Not sure about 100 

but I’m in the 60 plus club 

they don’t appear to have anything to offer in the non lead fibre affordable alternative for the short chambers 

I shall watch for developments 

😊👍

Empire cartridges look good .But who needs those silly speeds?.After about 1250 you lose it at range.All it’s doing is blowing patterns.if you look at velocity a lot of the long range loads Ie Winchester super speed they are about 1250 .why are cartridge makers turning out shells at a stated 1450.I think these super fast cartridges are aimed at a lot of younger shots who have been brainwashed  into thinking they need them for killing at long range. Speeds only needed for steel.If it’s not broke don’t mend. Years ago shooting at long range meant big loads of heavy shot moving slow.

51 minutes ago, dipper said:

But who needs those silly speeds?All it’s doing is blowing patterns. Years ago shooting at long range meant big loads of heavy shot moving slow.

It's like cup holders on Amereican SUVs. XXX's has two so YYY's has three therefore ZZZ's to be better has to have four. What I'd like is a true 65mm cartridge, with 6 1/2 English shot...a true ounce...and a quality felt (not builder's board) wad. In a low brass paper case.

Edited by enfieldspares