Empire Cartridges

I did notice that they chose red so you can see the empties in the grass,not much help if you are colour blind as a few on hear are.Iwill see what the feed back is from those that have already ordered some, I'm thinking for me 32g 7s.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, daisyrob1 said:

A 6.5 option 2.5mm would be nice. 

A man who knows. :good:

1 hour ago, enfieldspares said:

30 gram #7 or 1 1/16 ounce in "old money" has been available for years in Eley Grand Prix. A gun I shot with maybe thirty plus years ago used it. And is listed by Lylvale in their Supreme Game range also. So if people have been asking "for years" and not found one try the above two companies.

Used the Eley 6&1/2s pigeon loads for years until they dried up. Handy these as I could use them for everything that I shot at. Switched to Rottweil but have now been forced ton act my age - not to mention concern for my wallet. 1 oz of 7s gives the same pellet count so crack on, just curtail the range a whisper on the rare occasion it becomes necessary. When it comes to a reasonably priced game load as above, whereas 2 are available, only one suits my gun. Yep, there are ways around it - get a gun with a longer chamber and use clay loads. But why? With just the two 2&1/2" chamber game load in 1 oz of 7s readily available, never mind a niche, a full blown market space is up for grabs.

4 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

30 gram #7 or 1 1/16 ounce in "old money" has been available for years in Eley Grand Prix. A gun I shot with maybe thirty plus years ago used it. And is listed by Lylvale in their Supreme Game range also. So if people have been asking "for years" and not found one try the above two companies.

I should have added “at a reasonable price” sorry. 

6 hours ago, Empire Andrew said:

Apologies a bit of a misunderstanding there the Fibre wad with steel threw me..

We have just had samples of a compostable in soil bio plastic steel wad that has worked in prototype form with 36g steel in a 70mm case for testing only. 

We don’t have any 65mm cases as had to focus on the large volume 70mm market as a new company. But once we are rolling a 65mm Steel load with this degradable wad will be on the list for new products.

Cheers

Andrew

Thankyou @oldypigeonpopper

Three and a half million pounds 

think I can set up my own factory for a bit less 

not hard to say you don’t have them 

7 hours ago, wymberley said:

A man who knows. :good:

Used the Eley 6&1/2s pigeon loads for years until they dried up. Handy these as I could use them for everything that I shot at. Switched to Rottweil but have now been forced ton act my age - not to mention concern for my wallet. 1 oz of 7s gives the same pellet count so crack on, just curtail the range a whisper on the rare occasion it becomes necessary. When it comes to a reasonably priced game load as above, whereas 2 are available, only one suits my gun. Yep, there are ways around it - get a gun with a longer chamber and use clay loads. But why? With just the two 2&1/2" chamber game load in 1 oz of 7s readily available, never mind a niche, a full blown market space is up for grabs.

6.5 32g fibre are like rocking horse ****, rc sipe 7 our 6.5 generally £330 a thou empire £280,a slab from just carts £97+15 postage empire £80 all in if they did them I'd certainly try them👍I see on their website they do 7.5 in a 32g think they would get a lot more takers for a 6.5

4 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Do Empire charge ANYTHING for Postage or is the cost per slab or per 1000 included in the price? If the postage is included fair play. Even if you have to buy more than a few slabs. 

hello, i read on the web site free delivery under the 250 28g 6 shot fibre, 70 mm £69.75 but 4 its £59.75, 1000 24g  less than £200

1 minute ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i read on the web site free delivery under the 250 28g 6 shot fibre, 70 mm £69.75 but 4 its £59.75, 1000 24g  less than £200

Decent price and making what people want, I'd buy few slabs If I hadn't just stocked up 😞

4 hours ago, harkom said:

Andrew, I noted your claim to utilise top class hulls, referencing the quality of the plastic. Can you also please clarify the nature of the cartridge head ie is it made of brass or is it steel with a thin "brass" plated coating?

Thanks.

I was under the impression all modern made cartridges are steel with a coating. I imagine I could be incorrect though

• 1 month later...
On 15/05/2020 at 14:23, JTaylor91 said:

I was under the impression all modern made cartridges are steel with a coating. I imagine I could be incorrect though

On 15/05/2020 at 16:31, matone said:

Like wise ,thought brass heads went donkeys years ago !

Better be sure of your facts before you........

I was given a box of empires to try and I will point out straight away that I’m far from a decent shot but these 3 pheasants lost a discussion to empire’s 32g 6’s.... if you are of the mindset of buying British/ local or supporting small businesses  (or all of the above) then I’d say give them a try and make your own minds up based on the quality of the customer service and the product 

6FEAFF1E-B4F7-4F4F-95B9-84E523BA5B9F.jpeg

601D5E5B-C9C9-43D0-B2B5-137D0002F02B.png

When I said hotter they are a wee bit harder hitting than the average shell . I love them just what you need on rangey corvids . Not used them on game yet but our syndicate have ordered 5 thousand for this season 

The 30g are a great shell but I’ve been using / experimenting with the 34g