Empire Cartridges

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

No worries, from what I understand if you order 10k plus you can have whatever you like printed on them too. 

I can see it now, 'PW high bird club' 

😂

Or maybe the 100 yard boys 

@Farmboy91 we can actually print whatever you want on them for orders of more than 2500, Just requires a handling fee of £15 for the Stamp!

Surely it should be ‘PW High Class Bird Club’

9 minutes ago, Salmo said:

Andrew are you really gorgeous George 

Only at weekends @Salmo

7 hours ago, Empire Andrew said:

Hi Guys.

Long term stalker first time poster...

As you will guess I am affiliated with the company named in the thread title.. just thought you’d be interested to see our website is now live.

Head over to www.EmpireCartridges.com to pass a bit of the lockdown. 

Don’t be too brutal though...

Cheers

Andrew. 

I think it`s a really good idea having your cases headstamped ,just looks so much more pro than using generic cases!

1 hour ago, Farmboy91 said:

Ahh ok great 👍 

Could you do a mixed trial slab? 

Yes we were thinking of listing it as option on the site.

What mix though is the question...?

19 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Andrew,

can you confirm that your advertised MV is such and not either MV 1 or MV 2.5?

Thanks in advance.

Yes it is MV which you will know is estimated from MV2.5 reading from the pressure gun as it is not possible to accurately measure MV with a shotgun.

Hope this helps 👍.

We opted to go for this because as you know it is what the general shooting community are now normalised to.

34 minutes ago, matone said:

I think it`s a really good idea having your cases headstamped ,just looks so much more pro than using generic cases!

Thanks @matone it caused us some headaches getting it done but really worth it and ended up with a much better source than the usual cheddite or maxam cheap cases. 

20 minutes ago, Empire Andrew said:

Yes it is MV which you will know is estimated from MV2.5 reading from the pressure gun as it is not possible to accurately measure MV with a shotgun.

Hope this helps 👍.

We opted to go for this because as you know it is what the general shooting community are now normalised to.

Thanks @matone it caused us some headaches getting it done but really worth it and ended up with a much better source than the usual cheddite or maxam cheap cases. 

Many thanks. Yep, it sounds better from the loaders point of view than the higher of the two observed velocities (OV) which have forever appeared in the Eley diary and to which it equates. It's beyond me why we have to tolerate something which is an estimation because it's not possible to accurately measure when it would be far more representative to simply use the 2.5 or even the  OV figure which are measured.

42 minutes ago, Empire Andrew said:

Thank you for your reply,

Ideally,

100 28g 7.5's looking for a clay load I can share with the missus that will go through the auto no trouble.

50 32g no7's

50 32g no6's

50 34g no4's 

I was only asking just the other day on here about converting plas to fibre as I have a load of 33g no4's which I've found ideal on bunnies but am limited on where I can use them, your 34g load might be just the ticket.

26 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Many thanks. Yep, it sounds better from the loaders point of view than the higher of the two observed velocities (OV) which have forever appeared in the Eley diary and to which it equates. It's beyond me why we have to tolerate something which is an estimation because it's not possible to accurately measure when it would be far more representative to simply use the 2.5 or even the  OV figure which are measured.

It would be better if the industry could just standardise on the 2.5 as this is the CIP test point so the perfect point of reference.

Once Empire is established as the defacto market leader next year we will implement this change to a more accurate measurement. 

1 hour ago, Empire Andrew said:

cheddite or maxam would not thank you for calling their cases cheap, cheddite has been an industry standard for many years not just their cases but also their CX primers, some would say the best of the EU manufactured cases and primers.

So what makes your cases so special as to not be considered cheap?

47 minutes ago, Empire Andrew said:

It would be better if the industry could just standardise on the 2.5 as this is the CIP test point so the perfect point of reference.

Once Empire is established as the defacto market leader next year we will implement this change to a more accurate measurement. 

Very well said on both counts. Think you just made a lot of "friends". 

9 hours ago, rbrowning2 said:

cheddite or maxam would not thank you for calling their cases cheap, cheddite has been an industry standard for many years not just their cases but also their CX primers, some would say the best of the EU manufactured cases and primers.

So what makes your cases so special as to not be considered cheap?

Poor turn of phrase, thinner walled, both cheddite and maxam make good products. We Use CX2000 primers after all .. 

I commented on this to make you guys aware our website was live and give you chance to try them out!

Won’t be for everyone but that’s how we like it. 

If you want more details about what we are doing and plans for the future give me a call or drop me an email 👍

9 hours ago, wymberley said:

Very well said on both counts. Think you just made a lot of "friends". 

@wymberley best to let our productS do the talking from now on I think 😅

If you want more info just drop me a message or give us a call on the number on the website 👍

13 hours ago, Empire Andrew said:

If you want to shoot them I’ll load em for you. MOQ 10,000000.

Cheers. 
Andrew 

I’ll take that as a no then 

possibly a better answer would have been 

not at the moment however Inlight of the voluntary lead ban for game shooting and the request to get rid of plastic wads in the shooting field knowing the large number of shorter chamber guns used 

we Are researching and developing a suitable cartridge 

enjoy your time on the forum 🙄

1 hour ago, Empire Andrew said:

Poor turn of phrase, thinner walled, both cheddite and maxam make good products. We Use CX2000 primers after all .. 

I commented on this to make you guys aware our website was live and give you chance to try them out!

Won’t be for everyone but that’s how we like it. 

If you want more details about what we are doing and plans for the future give me a call or drop me an email 👍

@wymberley best to let our productS do the talking from now on I think 😅

If you want more info just drop me a message or give us a call on the number on the website 👍

Andrew thank you for the reply, somebody else tried the we use the worlds best components, criticising the other makes is not what the rest do, find your own niche market and lead the way, set new standards, don’t be a sheep, as wymberley suggests give the customer what they want publish the true v2.5 not a guesstimate of MV and why wait till next year? Sell on quality and hopefully you will do well.
Free delivery on just 250 already sets a new bench mark. 

1 hour ago, Old farrier said:

I’ll take that as a no then 

possibly a better answer would have been 

not at the moment however Inlight of the voluntary lead ban for game shooting and the request to get rid of plastic wads in the shooting field knowing the large number of shorter chamber guns used 

we Are researching and developing a suitable cartridge 

enjoy your time on the forum 🙄

Apologies a bit of a misunderstanding there the Fibre wad with steel threw me..

We have just had samples of a compostable in soil bio plastic steel wad that has worked in prototype form with 36g steel in a 70mm case for testing only. 

We don’t have any 65mm cases as had to focus on the large volume 70mm market as a new company. But once we are rolling a 65mm Steel load with this degradable wad will be on the list for new products.

Cheers

Andrew

43 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, in that case i think you should do very well in your new enterprise Andrew,

Thankyou @oldypigeonpopper

19 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

Ahh ok, I found the link via Instagram, they do game cartridges in a no7 shot....

I shall try and share the link 👍

https://www.empirecartridges.com/account/register 

Try that 

Id be interested to have a look at no 7 game carts ... I hope they’re not silly money though just because they have the word “game” on them 🤷‍♂️

29 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Id be interested to have a look at no 7 game carts ... I hope they’re not silly money though just because they have the word “game” on them 🤷‍♂️

Ordered by the 1000 I think they are pretty reasonable, not surprised if they have sold out.

1 minute ago, enfieldspares said:

30 gram #7 or 1 1/16 ounce in "old money" has been available for years in Eley Grand Prix. A gun I shot with maybe thirty plus years ago used it. And is listed by Lylvale in their Supreme Game range also. So if people have been asking "for years" and not found one try the above two companies.

I would hazard a guess that you would be paying through the nose for either of those two examples though. I'm pretty sure impax still come in a 7, if your happy to pay the premium.