Deer!

Rob525

A while back in August I put I a post in the wanted section for a complete carcase but with no joy. What I did get was some great advice that I'd like to thank you guys for! I did join the stalking directory and have met some great people through it! A local to me, seve who took me out a few times and showed me the ropes and nick and his son at Stanway estate in Gloucestershire who I have just returned back from after taking my first deer via a .243 on a frosty morning! It was a magical stalk with arround 6 miles of woodland walking seeing many species of birds and wildlife including roe and muntjac. Towards the end of the stalk the warm breath of a roe was clouding through the trees on an opposite bank arround 60yards away. Setting up on sticks and waiting for it to take a step forward to ensure a clean passage of the bullet through the trees for a clean kill seemed like it took forever! It was worth the wait as a gentle squeeze of the trigger dropped the beast dead in its tracks! I couldnt be happier! Shes now hanging in my shed waiting for me to take on my next task! 

31 minutes ago, Rob525 said:

A while back in August I put I a post in the wanted section for a complete carcase but with no joy. What I did get was some great advice that I'd like to thank you guys for! I did join the stalking directory and have met some great people through it! A local to me, seve who took me out a few times and showed me the ropes and nick and his son at Stanway estate in Gloucestershire who I have just returned back from after taking my first deer via a .243 on a frosty morning! It was a magical stalk with arround 6 miles of woodland walking seeing many species of birds and wildlife including roe and muntjac. Towards the end of the stalk the warm breath of a roe was clouding through the trees on an opposite bank arround 60yards away. Setting up on sticks and waiting for it to take a step forward to ensure a clean passage of the bullet through the trees for a clean kill seemed like it took forever! It was worth the wait as a gentle squeeze of the trigger dropped the beast dead in its tracks! I couldnt be happier! Shes now hanging in my shed waiting for me to take on my next task! 

Well done.