Crow bashing

steve_b_wales

I had a reasonable good morning on the Corvids today. Set up at 06:45 and finished at 10:30. I placed 18 decoys, 24 'sweetcorn decoys' and 1 dead Crow kept from last time. Within a few minutes, one came floating in and was shot. A few minutes later, another met the same fate, then it went quiet, and they came in one's and two's.  I managed to get 26 Crows in total, most of them were huge.

Photo shows some of my decoys with sweetcorn.

Crows_-_Sweetcorn.jpg

12 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

They were sent to me by a good friend who lives in the USA. I haven't seen anything like them over here. They don't always work, and tend to be better in the winter month's.

Available from Amazon UK at a reasonable price in my opinion.

EDIT: Just found these.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wuudi-Artificial-Plastic-Restaurant-Decoration/dp/B07K67KKYP/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=artificial+corn+on+the+cob&qid=1575204816&sr=8-1

5 hours ago, blackbird said:

Well done Steve good shooting mate, crows far from easy to decoy.

Thanks Steve. Crows are my #1 enemy. Usually on the farm, it's Jackdaws, but there wasn't one to be seen for some reason. I'd give 10 of them for 1 Crow!

I just sat still in my hide and let the decoys (birds & corn) do the job. I also used my Primos Power Crow caller which in my opinion is the best on the market.

Nice session. I do the same with the cobs. If I have a quick bash an early morning sessions works the best. Occasionally they will really want to feed on something and they will shoot all day.

Here there are bigger numbers of rooks and jackdaws. I have just acquired a O/U 20g hushpower for use around farm buildings. In the spring the blacks will be all over the maize pit and cattle barns and it will come into its own for that. I have some 30g no5's that arrive today especially for the purpose. 

4 hours ago, oowee said:

Nice session. I do the same with the cobs. If I have a quick bash an early morning sessions works the best. Occasionally they will really want to feed on something and they will shoot all day.

Here there are bigger numbers of rooks and jackdaws. I have just acquired a O/U 20g hushpower for use around farm buildings. In the spring the blacks will be all over the maize pit and cattle barns and it will come into its own for that. I have some 30g no5's that arrive today especially for the purpose. 

As I mentioned earlier, it's 99% Jackdaw's I shoot on the farm, with the odd Crow added. But there was'nt one flying anywhere on the farm for some reason.

• 1 month later...