Electric screwdriver charger

Benthejockey

Went to charge my screwdriver battery the other day and plugged it into the charger and the light started flashing with the over heat warning immediately. I know it wasn't over cooked so it occurred it might be cold from being in the garage so took it in over night and still no joy. It's not an expensive screwdriver just an 18v black and decker and I could get a new whizzer and chuck the lot but I don't want to. Any ideas about what's upset the charger??? 

21 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Have you got a photo of the screwdriver? Got a spare charger (Black and Decker) - pistol grip type - knocking about the garage.

https://www.diy.com/departments/black-decker-cordless-18v-1-5ah-li-ion-brushed-drill-2-batteries-bcd700s2s-bqgb/1852369_BQ.prd?gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=CjwKCAiA5o3vBRBUEiwA9PVzanuc2DNr6nEXAZN7CVhL2fhNrllqrn2ay5el7ZkZ4r6A-7xiu6KPgRoCmwcQAvD_BwE 

That's the one Gordon.

44 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Isn’t it more likely to be the battery, than the charger?

I thought it could be but I've tried both batteries and it does it with both. 

just a thought..................is there a very small fuse in the charger............i had a similar problem ...but a loooong while ago.....i would imagine things have moved on since then....

try putting the battery on the radiator for an hour ...then put it on the charger