Another syndicate pheasant shoot

Big Al

The Last day of November 2019 and we had our 4th shoot. Total bag was 50 pheasants and one fox. That's a really good day for us as bags are normally around the 25 - 30 mark. 

Unfortunately I didn't have the camera on for a nice left and right. You'll just have to take my word for it!!

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Give those two rascals a hug from me, they worked hard for you.

They do. Absolutely right. They get spoiled at home - I describe them as part-time gundog and full-time pet.

Thanks for the comment. 

1 hour ago, Townie said:

Really enjoyed that, thank you for posting. You don’t miss many! 

I do miss them,  believe me!  Our shoot is on flat ground so pheasants tend to be average height. When the get up in the wind it makes things much more interesting! The cartridge to kill ratio can become embarrassing. 

Thanks for the comment. 

28 minutes ago, greylag said:

Lovely day to be out after a few pheasants.That sun in your eyes makes things difficult., but you seemed to do very well.The pups seemed to enjoy themselves too.Thanks for another great vid.

Cheers greylag. Much appreciated. 

Another first class video Big Al , some fantastic cover for the dogs to work in and you can clearly see how much they enjoy it , mind kind of day , a laugh and joke with the fellow guns , never knowing where the next shot is coming from , getting some exercise and seeing the dogs working there socks off to find what there master's have shot .

I would like to know who provide you with the lovely days weather you were lucky enough to had on your days shooting , although we had a similar day last Saturday , it rained off and on all the week up until Friday night , Saturday was a lovely clear crisp day where everyone was happy , then Sunday it was back to normal with a cold rain throughout the day with just the odd glimpse of the sun .

THANKS for sharing 

36 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Another first class video Big Al , some fantastic cover for the dogs to work in and you can clearly see how much they enjoy it , mind kind of day , a laugh and joke with the fellow guns , never knowing where the next shot is coming from , getting some exercise and seeing the dogs working there socks off to find what there master's have shot .

I would like to know who provide you with the lovely days weather you were lucky enough to had on your days shooting , although we had a similar day last Saturday , it rained off and on all the week up until Friday night , Saturday was a lovely clear crisp day where everyone was happy , then Sunday it was back to normal with a cold rain throughout the day with just the odd glimpse of the sun .

THANKS for sharing 

Lol. Yes it rained here all week too, but Saturday was a lovely day. Not a great deal of wind, but I was glad I didn't get soaked!

It really is all to do with the luck of the draw on our shoot. I got a decent amount of shooting but others were running out of cartridges! We don't expect to shoot a lot so some guys bring a box of cartridges!

I only fired 9 shots all day. But it is never just about the shooting.