Most Successful Cartridge?

Has anyone ever compiled a table or list of the most successful cartridges per year? With the wide variety of choice out there, I'm surprised the marketing guru's haven't jump on the chance to say "we won 'x' trophies this year". 

You see Gamebore White gold with Digweeds success' - what about the rest? 

Which cartridge has won the most major championships? 

back in the day  mid 80s  used to shoot cbc 1000 in a wooden  crate for £68 while mates paid £130 for white gold   (young family  mortgage etc skint ) shot twice as much for the same money  still won the purse  regularly   mates too sore to shoot              also on crop protection the  bulk of the pigeons to the game dealer  

best cartridge ever  trap 100    7.5 at clays or game  

Winchester zz for fitasc  still got some to date

victory challenger 5s for pigeon / game  (  brilliant)

now home load all loads   for the last 20 yrs for my sons and myself  

clay loads / game or vermin / steel wildfowl / a nice pastime to boot  don't like tv reality or strictly 

also home made lead shot  before    zinc ******** it up     with good results and clean kills on live quarry 

however the cartridge is the cheapest part of any days shooting  be it clays pheasant pigeon grouse goose shooting etc     buy the best you can afford  the bar bill /digs  will be more      make the most of the day out shoot the best you can afford  

Edited by Saltings

1 hour ago, matone said:

Got to be Eley Grand Prix given that they`ve made  them for many decades and were the main cartridge in  the marketplace.

Most successful cartridge in history. I think they started making them about 1900. They were everybody’s go to cartridge, because every ironmongers sold them.

30 minutes ago, London Best said:

Most successful cartridge in history. I think they started making them about 1900. They were everybody’s go to cartridge, because every ironmongers sold them.

Apart from some small retailers/gunmakers selling their own brand shells locally ..........there was little or no widely available choice! 

56 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

.there was little or no widely available choice! 

In the early 1960s when I first started shooting there was very little choice, bar paper cased Eley Grand Prix. We didnt have a `proper` gunshop for miles, so it was Grand Prix or nothing. The ironmongers where we bought them occasionally had Alphamax in stock which we treasured for ducking, albeit the price was a jump up from Grand Prix. Yellow Wizard then came along and undercut Eley, but my recollection was that they were pretty awful and we had the occasional weak charge where you heard the shot rattling down the barrel.

Yeah! Remember Yellow Wizards. Then there came Red Rival and Blue Rival. They were, I remember, on a par with Yellow Wizards. When I started Grand Prix were 10shillings and sixpence for 25. I pax were 10 shillings and threepence, so I bought Impax to save threepence. That is one and a half pence to anyone under fifty.

1 hour ago, London Best said:

Yeah! Remember Yellow Wizards. Then there came Red Rival and Blue Rival. They were, I remember, on a par with Yellow Wizards. When I started Grand Prix were 10shillings and sixpence for 25. I pax were 10 shillings and threepence, so I bought Impax to save threepence. That is one and a half pence to anyone under fifty.

How much is that it today's money? 

Yes think your right .Had to catch bus to Stensbys for 1 box of cartridges.😀

34 minutes ago, matone said:

Definitely! The thought of buying a 250 case didn`t even arise!!!

Worst part I had a mate who had Wednesday afternoon of like me.Mother said were you going this afternoons.Shooting .Mother said you carnt Phill just been round to borrow your gun and cartridges.😩didn’t see the funny side then.