Proper Cartridges

7 hours ago, wymberley said:

What are his load/range parameters as I imagine he would have set an objective?

He is working on a 37 or 38 gram pure fibre. That is all he has told me, i think he is popping in next week to see me. 

After shooting with someone today who was using RC4 40/4 pure fibre (these are a special commissioned load before people question the authenticity) I think he might be on to something with 37g. 40g are slow bot deliver a hell of a thank at range.

Look forward to trying Georges this week if he can get them to me 😉 this week!

10 hours ago, Perazzishot said:

He is working on a 37 or 38 gram pure fibre. That is all he has told me, i think he is popping in next week to see me. 

After shooting with someone today who was using RC4 40/4 pure fibre (these are a special commissioned load before people question the authenticity) I think he might be on to something with 37g. 40g are slow bot deliver a hell of a thank at range.

Look forward to trying Georges this week if he can get them to me 😉 this week!

Many thanks. For no other reason that I'm fiddling and it would make a difference could you confirm that No 4 is No 4, or - as I suspect -  because the Hull load is termed 4 but is in fact 3 that that is also what PC is playing with?

Cheers

The Hull 4's are in fact a continental 3.5. The special load true 3's I have tried over the last week I'm not finding as effective and have gone back to 4's.

George used a copycat cartridge PC 34/4 at a shoot we attend and by his own admission thought he needed a bit more. I'm keen to see how what he has produced performs. I'm hoping a true, 37/4!

1 hour ago, Perazzishot said:

The Hull 4's are in fact a continental 3.5. The special load true 3's I have tried over the last week I'm not finding as effective and have gone back to 4's.

George used a copycat cartridge PC 34/4 at a shoot we attend and by his own admission thought he needed a bit more. I'm keen to see how what he has produced performs. I'm hoping a true, 37/4!

Many thanks.:good:

10 hours ago, figgy said:

I tried some of George's samples of his extreme 4 shot carts. Kicked like a mule.even through a heavy clay gun. He will have changed the recipe after more testing.

Yes indeed, I still have some of his trial 32g 5.5 shot carts, wonderful for the long range stuff through a heavy gun. Bit much for a lot of shooting through anything lighter.

All but skinned the first bird I shot with them when out decoying!

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Yes indeed, I still have some of his trial 32g 5.5 shot carts, wonderful for the long range stuff through a heavy gun. Bit much for a lot of shooting through anything lighter.

1 hour ago, Perazzishot said:

I've used his 36/4s and 40/4s plas wad and fibre with plastic disk for the last 3 seasons.

I only changed this year because he hasn't quite got his pure fibres right yet and many shoots are now insisting on pure fibre.

No plastic in these;

IMG_20191209_111717.jpg

Perazzi shot the ones I tried may well have been the 40g 4 I can't remember but there was a post a while ago where I mentioned them so info might be there. Lad stood next to me commented on the noise and how much my gun jumped. George loved them and was knocking pigeons out of low earth orbit.

8 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Friends used them his 32g 5..5 proper stone dead iirc, or long range can't remember exactly the name but they swore by them. Both using clay guns though.  Took some good long birds with them.

32 minutes ago, figgy said:

Friends used them his 32g 5..5 proper stone dead iirc, or long range can't remember exactly the name but they swore by them. Both using clay guns though.  Took some good long birds with them.

Yes indeed, these went on to become the STONE DEAD shell from George.:good:

The 36/4s also come under the Stone Dead banner but the pure fibre were not good. I actually gave away over a 1000 at the end of one shoot as I couldn't anything with them.

Actually borrowed some Dark Storm that day to get through the day. I don't get on with them either but shot better once I started using them.

I'm actually looking forward to trying these new loads.