Proper Cartridges

57 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

So that people can bragg to their Mates about "Extreme Pheasant Shooting"

hello, maybe so, i cannot understand why George does not make a cartridge like many of us use for pigeons, cheep and cheerful 28g 7.5s 70mm, will be trying some Jockers next time i go to just carts,   

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, not realy ,like an old pigeon shooter once said if you cannot see the white bars dont shoot, shooting pheasants at 50/60 or more yards with large loads is not sport

You'll get no argument from me on that 👍

Ive watched a few of the videos on YouTube, they've got no idea whether they have clean missed or pricked the bird. As someone else said in the other thread, you wouldn't take rabbits at that sort of distance so what makes it OK to try and take a bird on the wing. 

I'm sure someone will be alone to tell me I'm wrong though 🙄

While 20-25 is a bit close for me personally, I'd much rather see someone take a bird at 25 yards and it go down than someone attempting to  take one at 70+ and not even know if they've pricked it. 

But yes, definitely each to their own.

Just as long as each person thinks carefully how they portray what they are doing. 

Edited by Farmboy91

Update on the Cheddite Elite 36/4s plas wads used today, fired 250 on the 1st 2 drives and was very happy with some lovely clean kills with most killed very cleanly. Will probably go with these where plan wads are allowed.

Used another 250 Hull 34/4 HPE for the next 2 drives and they worked just as well with some proper good stuff folding dead on the last drive, which a couple of Southern boys astounded with what what was killed today.

High birds are great. I love them. Just can’t afford them so much. People over judge range big time and most sporting folk think 25 yards is 40.

A good high pheasant is killable with right equipment and believe me I’ve seen a lot of driven days and majority of folk can’t cleanly cope with 25-30 yards pheasants so wounded birds on each.

High birds have been around for decades. Just now it’s more available as it’s in YouTube and social media etc.

I think a lot of complaining is jealous people who can’t spend the money on a day ( me included but I am not jealous just envious).

• 2 weeks later...