tactical shotguns

moztoyota

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a gun for practical shot gun competition they work fine , pistol grip extended mag tube , red dot sight 

But please rethink if you want a gun for walked up or rough shooting , even as a hide gun go for a stock synthetic model , I e hatsan or armsan , at the end of the day it’s your money and as we all do buy what you like and get on with but please “ tactical “ doesn’t really portray a walked up day in the country 

1 hour ago, CharlieT said:

He's probably a shareholder in the Rambo franchise.

55 minutes ago, spurs 14 said:

Now now play nice , black balaclava and respirator on standby ! 

44 minutes ago, London Best said:

Perhaps he wants to project the best possible image of shooters to the general public?

I suppose it's a step up from Tactical Airsoft!:big_boss:

I don’t want to be negative , guess it looks like it , and I wouldn’t want to knock a fellow shooter in any way , but in this day and age of shooting being attacked from all sides I just think we could all do what we can to show shooting sports in a positive picture ! It’s just I can’t see someone using a black “ tactical “ shotgun for a walked up shoot showing us in a kind light and lord knows how many police response officers would show up if an ill informed member of the public happened to see them , it’s a case of the right tool for the right job , just my opinion I’m not out to offend or upset anyone 

oops! seemed to have hit a nerve with this topic! 😂 was,nt expecting a truckload of sarcasm after a simple enquiry ,  did you all reply from the same hairdressing salon?

2 minutes ago, spurs 14 said:

I don’t want to be negative , guess it looks like it , and I wouldn’t want to knock a fellow shooter in any way , but in this day and age of shooting being attacked from all sides I just think we could all do what we can to show shooting sports in a positive picture ! It’s just I can’t see someone using a black “ tactical “ shotgun for a walked up shoot showing us in a kind light and lord knows how many police response officers would show up if an ill informed member of the public happened to see them , it’s a case of the right tool for the right job , just my opinion I’m not out to offend or upset anyone 

point taken, just curious that,s all but you,re right.

1 minute ago, moztoyota said:

oops! seemed to have hit a nerve with this topic! 😂 was,nt expecting a truckload of sarcasm after a simple enquiry ,  did you all reply from the same hairdressing salon?

What you failed to add in your initial post was ' feel free to ridicule my choice of shotgun and assume I want to play rambo. 

Tatical looking guns aren't overly popular but there could be any number of reasons you'd need one and hopefully someone with some experience with one will be along to answer your original question. 

I'll add I'm in no way opposed to a bit of needling or banter, but that's surely got to come with helpful comments too. 

1 hour ago, spurs 14 said:

As a gun for practical shot gun competition they work fine , pistol grip extended mag tube , red dot sight 

But please rethink if you want a gun for walked up or rough shooting , even as a hide gun go for a stock synthetic model , I e hatsan or armsan , at the end of the day it’s your money and as we all do buy what you like and get on with but please “ tactical “ doesn’t really portray a walked up day in the country 

point taken, i,ve only used o/u &sxs just thought i,d try a different gun for a change

2 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

What you failed to add in your initial post was ' feel free to ridicule my choice of shotgun and assume I want to play rambo. 

Tatical looking guns aren't overly popular but there could be any number of reasons you'd need one and hopefully someone with some experience with one will be along to answer your original question. 

I'll add I'm in no way opposed to a bit of needling or banter, but that's surely got to come with helpful comments too. 

a polite and constructive comment, thankyou,

7 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

No worries 👍

First paragraph was in no way or shape a dig. 

Hope you find something suitable to your needs. 

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

Tactical for practical I can understand, but wouldn’t a pistol grip just get in the way when having a mooch about? If not then I can’t see the problem really. 

yes thanks scully, i was just making enquiries that,s all 

15 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

No worries 👍

First paragraph was in no way or shape a dig. 

Hope you find something suitable to your needs. 

will do,cheers👍

14 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Well do it. Get the parts online, best off sticking to a mossy 500 or remi as parts are more freely available. If it does not work out, resale the parts and keep the original gun. 

point taken👍

12 minutes ago, Scully said:

Tactical for practical I can understand, but wouldn’t a pistol grip just get in the way when having a mooch about? If not then I can’t see the problem really. 

👍

39 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

Go for a ten shot mag. Why not?

:shoot:dint want a anti aircraft gun!

Even in the Practical Shotgun world pistol grips are very rare, because they get in the way of the loading process. The only exception to this is the Open Division box mag guns which are mostly AR or AK designs.

Red dot on a field gun, why not, I'm trying it for some of my wildfowling this winter, but you need to spend good money. Mine will be going back on my Practical gun as soon as gooseing is over.

As others recommend, Armsan etc auto in 20 bore....or even better, the Hatsan 20 pump that I'll soon be offering for sale. Its Sec 2 but comes with a mag extension.........

Some sound advice as I said previously go with a standard synthetic model but please and it sounds like I’m the do gooder **** *** here yellowvanman please don’t sell anyone a section two shotgun with a mag extension that’s a world of trouble for everyone involved ! 

If they don’t have an fac license

5 minutes ago, spurs 14 said:

Some sound advice as I said previously go with a standard synthetic model but please and it sounds like I’m the do gooder **** *** here yellowvanman please don’t sell anyone a section two shotgun with a mag extension that’s a world of trouble for everyone involved ! 

If they don’t have an fac license

Its no trouble for anyone. A S.2 gun is a S.2 gun.

If it has a mag extension fitted it's still S.2. 

1 hour ago, moztoyota said:

point taken, just curious that,s all but you,re right.

Yes we all go in there to chat about Tactical Shotgunning!:rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Yellowvanman said:

Its no trouble for anyone. A S.2 gun is a S.2 gun.

If it has a mag extension fitted it's still S.2. 

You might want to check that I’m sure if it can hold more than the 2 plus 1 it becomes a sec 1 ? I may wrong but the diff between sec 1 or 2 is mag capacity ?