tactical shotguns

moztoyota

18 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

The two best tactical pumps in my opinion is base off of the rem 870 and the mosburg 500/590.  

The popular thing over here right now is birds head grips and 14in barrels.  We call them dumpster defenders.  Seem lots of people are removing there shift knobs on there trucks and sliding them down over the stick to essentially turn the shotgun into the shifter. 

5CEFC1CF-C1F4-4522-8AC9-3D0FAD7AD890.jpeg

12C77EF7-09FE-4140-851A-A32D3BC0B694.jpeg

7 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

After you make your shifter a shotgun holder you then jack up only the front.  Is called the Carolina squat.  I wish I was lying.  I don’t understand kids these days.  

DAD2F84F-435A-4F1E-B372-8B44BC3C2E50.jpeg

ONLY in America!:rolleyes:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they also yell yeeha a lot out the windows.

A lifted truck I can understand for off road but that looks like the rear suspension is broken.

Suppose it's like the youngsters with waistbands hanging halfway down because they're four sizes to large. Just something we don't get.

Them shotguns are bankrobbers guns I've over here.

Edited by figgy

3 hours ago, figgy said:

Do they also yell yeeha a lot out the windows.

A lifted truck I can understand for off road but that looks like the rear suspension is broken.

Suppose it's like the youngsters with waistbands hanging halfway down because they're four sizes to large. Just something we don't get.

Them shotguns are bankrobbers guns I've over here.

They are fun guns but not practical for aiming or anything really.  As far as the Carolina Squatting trucks no self respecting redneck would ever do it.  It’s middle class kids that where boots and rebel flag shirts that do it. 

I think people need to lighten up. A tactical looking shotgun is no more dangerous than a purdey or any other. 

Its individual choice and taste. Why does anyone NEED to own anything? We could all drive Nissan micras as they will get from a to b, but people have different tastes and some want a sports car, some an suv, some a Carolina squat truck...

People who belittle others because of their choices... if someone at school was doing it to your kid, you’d probably think of them as a bully...

3 minutes ago, southeastpete said:

I think people need to lighten up. A tactical looking shotgun is no more dangerous than a purdey or any other. 

Its individual choice and taste. Why does anyone NEED to own anything? We could all drive Nissan micras as they will get from a to b, but people have different tastes and some want a sports car, some an suv, some a Carolina squat truck...

People who belittle others because of their choices... if someone at school was doing it to your kid, you’d probably think of them as a bully...

My apologies sir 

carry on with your sawn off pump as a gear shift 

it’s your choice if it makes you happy 😃 

30 minutes ago, southeastpete said:

+1

6 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

After you make your shifter a shotgun holder you then jack up only the front.  Is called the Carolina squat.  I wish I was lying.  I don’t understand kids these days.  

DAD2F84F-435A-4F1E-B372-8B44BC3C2E50.jpeg

How do you see over the end of the bonnet 😂

WOW what an idea! I have a very old and beautiful hammergun which is out of proof My son and I were seriously thinking of turning it into a standard lamp after decommissioning it. A far better idea has just occurred. With a bit of fancy engineering I could nail it to the gear stick in my Jag. Thanks folks for the heads up from across the pond!

4 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Along with 

james Woodward 

mezzers Holland &Holland

mr boss 

And a probably John Moses browning

sadly worries me that anyone feels the need to own a sawn off pump  

They do have their uses, the exact opposite of the 90 Yd pheasant weapon!:big_boss:

4 hours ago, southeastpete said:

:lol:

And there gentlemen is the reason that shooting in this country is probably doomed. I don’t know the experience level of the OP, but he (maybe she?) asked a question and was basically shot down in flames with, my gun/sport/appearance/attitude is better/safer/ more appropriate than yours. Perhaps his question was phrased/worded wrongly but having sought advice, the least we could have done was give it in good faith.

Now I shoot and enjoy practical shotgun, clay pigeon and occasionally a bit of rough shooting. There is in my case some crossover of guns from one discipline to another, but of course I would not take a box-fed gun into the field, it simply wouldn’t be practical in that environment. Likewise, I would not use one of my 100 year old doubles in a practical match, for the same reason. I have used a 3 shot pump in all of my chosen sporting environments, both with traditional wood or synthetic furniture, with no issues raised by fellow shooters or spectators. It is absolutely the duty of all of us to ensure that we perform and conduct ourselves safely in whatever we do and guide those who may not know or understand fully what is expected of them at any particular event. I was interested in the earlier comment about using a red dot for game shooting and surprised that no one jumped on that issue, it would be interesting to hear how that worked out. My main open class shotgun has many devices attached that may be termed or marketed as “tactical “ To me they are just tools to enable better sighting/loading/performance/safety etc

Tactical is a word that has connotations of the military and is why Tactical shotgun as was, became practical shotgun, probably still not an appropriate title but perhaps a little less intimidating, I personally would prefer competition shotgun or target shotgun. But what’s in a name? IMHO mutual respect between shooters of all disciplines is the only way to preserve shooting of any kind in the UK, knock your rivals at peril of being knocked yourself, when we can’t stick together, should we be surprised at the whole lot coming unglued.

Ducking down below the parapet now........

5 hours ago, impala59 said:

And there gentlemen is the reason that shooting in this country is probably doomed. I don’t know the experience level of the OP, but he (maybe she?) asked a question and was basically shot down in flames with, my gun/sport/appearance/attitude is better/safer/ more appropriate than yours. Perhaps his question was phrased/worded wrongly but having sought advice, the least we could have done was give it in good faith.

Now I shoot and enjoy practical shotgun, clay pigeon and occasionally a bit of rough shooting. There is in my case some crossover of guns from one discipline to another, but of course I would not take a box-fed gun into the field, it simply wouldn’t be practical in that environment. Likewise, I would not use one of my 100 year old doubles in a practical match, for the same reason. I have used a 3 shot pump in all of my chosen sporting environments, both with traditional wood or synthetic furniture, with no issues raised by fellow shooters or spectators. It is absolutely the duty of all of us to ensure that we perform and conduct ourselves safely in whatever we do and guide those who may not know or understand fully what is expected of them at any particular event. I was interested in the earlier comment about using a red dot for game shooting and surprised that no one jumped on that issue, it would be interesting to hear how that worked out. My main open class shotgun has many devices attached that may be termed or marketed as “tactical “ To me they are just tools to enable better sighting/loading/performance/safety etc

Tactical is a word that has connotations of the military and is why Tactical shotgun as was, became practical shotgun, probably still not an appropriate title but perhaps a little less intimidating, I personally would prefer competition shotgun or target shotgun. But what’s in a name? IMHO mutual respect between shooters of all disciplines is the only way to preserve shooting of any kind in the UK, knock your rivals at peril of being knocked yourself, when we can’t stick together, should we be surprised at the whole lot coming unglued.

Ducking down below the parapet now........

Can't argue with any of that :good:

Impala , a lot of the answers were tongue in cheek , it’s just most people are going with using the right tool for the job , as you yourself have said , in fact there were many serious answers amongst the mickey taking , (even you must realise as you compete in practical shotgun how unpractical using a pistol gripped shotgun would be ! ) 

The other issue which got all mixed up was the use of a mag extension on a semi auto for purely cosmetic reasons , it read in the original post that someone was going to sell a sect 2 shotgun and throw in a mag extension , forgetting to say that it would still only hold 2+1 carts , ,

I enjoy reading a lot of the funny comments people put on here as well as serious advice and comments , long may that continue 

I do agree that a bit of healthy banter is good for us all but am concerned about the future of our chosen pastimes. There are many out there who monitor what we do (and say) in public and are not averse to turning words around for their own ends. I have had some personal experience of this when I was secretary of a large club some time ago. To the point of, at the time, surrendering my SGC, FAC and RFD.

I returned to shooting after an absence of about 15 years, am enjoying it (as I always did) and am trying to stay out of the politics but see and feel it across the spectrum of my shooting colleagues and contacts. All I really want to say is look after it or lose it. I am sure I sound like a boring old so and so but I would hate for this site to be over serious, one of the main reasons I enjoy shooting is the camaraderie and friendships I have made. Indeed I have been fortunate enough to have met contributors to this forum through various sales  purchases and events and a great bunch they are too. 

Just to prove I’m not all serious, I’ve just bought an old Dodge Ram pickup truck, not sure if I’ll be jacking the front up though!

bit dodgy going Mopar with a handle like Impala 🤪

Edited by impala59